“Our favorite stop in West Bloomfield”
Review of Al Oumara

Al Oumara
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Having grown up in Detroit, we miss the amazing middle-eastern food when we are living in Denver. The first thing we do every year when we return for a visit is to go get good middle-eastern food like falafel, hummous, tabouille, etc. Most American cities do not know what garlic sauce is, and in Detroit, it's everywhere. Our first stop is always Al-Oumara -- a reliable place to get your fix of authentic, delicious, middle-eastern food. From the horseradish pickled turnips to the just-right baba ganoush to the hearty mejedderah, it hits the spot every time! The decor is fine -- nothing special -- but the food is great. We come back every year.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Food is consistently very good. Staff is fairly friendly. We pick up food from here a lot and it's always ready when we arrive. Prices are mid range.

Reviewed January 21, 2016

Do you like perfectly seasoned food, fresh vegetables, fruit and veggie juices squeezed right at the counter, a friendly staff and a caring owner? If so this is the best restaurant on the planet. When you walk in you immediately notice an immaculately clean dining area. There are plenty of tables to choose from. You can sit among other diners or venture off to the side room if you prefer more privacy. Your nose will feel pampered by the aroma of fresh bread, succulent meats and an array of other wonderful middle eastern delights. The staff will greet and welcome you like you are family, sometimes calling you by affectionate names in the Arabic language. It is not uncommon to receive a firm handshake and a hug upon entering Al Oumara. This is the freshest, finest, home cooking middle eastern restaurant I have ever experienced. The hummus tastes like it was made minutes after it was ordered, the soups are flavorful, and the entrees are plentiful and delicious. Variety is not an issue either, they have everything. On top of all of this joy is the reasonable cost of the food. If the food was priced 50% higher it would still seem fair. Please visit this place and enjoy the experience as much as I do.

Reviewed December 28, 2015

In my opinion (I know we all can have one :) ). the food is authentic, fresh and good. In this area there are a few middle eastern restaurants and I tried more than four but this one is the best! I only carry out because it it so close to my home however the customer service is good and the atmosphere/decor is appropriate. It is really worth a try.

Reviewed September 24, 2015

I use these guys for some of the small party catering event, but I go there a lot for lunch or dinner.. ppl are nice, the owner is very nice guy.. .I like their food... they have been there for ling time and they are very consistent in their quality and service... highly recommended if you come to the area.. one of the few Lebanese place who server alcohol...