“Nice new decor.”
Review of The Lakes Edge

The Lakes Edge
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Whitehall
Reviewed May 24, 2018

The atmosphere was very casual with accommodating waite staff. However, the noise level is very high and food was mediocre.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Ate a delicious meal here on recommendation of hotel. The staff were wonderful even though I walked in 15 minutes before closing time. The food was yummy, the beer was delicious, and the view was spectacular.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Beautiful day for a road trip, and ended up in Whitehall, MI hungry for lunch. Hubby ordered the Irish burger, I had the Salmon burger. Both sandwiches were ok, too much sweet dressings that should have been served on the side. Fries and Onion rings were the best part of both meals. They were out of the one beer we wanted to try on tap. Clean, our young Server was polite, but, we wouldn't rush back for the food. Just ok.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Happy to report that The Lakes Edge is much better than a visit late last summer (their first month of operation). Menu is streamlined but still has a lot of choices (and good selection of vegetarian items). Food was very good. Cheese curds were divine; big hit with kids and adults. Black bean burger was excellent. Great homemade pickles. Good service. So happy to see that they made the necessary improvements to become a restaurant that is good for locals and out-of-town guests. Kudos to Lakes Edge.

1  Thank Loretta231
Reviewed November 30, 2017

My 6 year old daughter had been here with my wife and insisted we all must try it. I'm glad I listened. The Lake's Edge has a small-ish menu, their entrees mainly fish, but an excellent selection of sandwiches and burgers as well.

I also had a great bloody mary.

The kid's menu was standard, but the portions were not. The kid's cheeseburger could have fed an adult - very happy to see. My own Italian beef was incredible - would have preferred some dip for it, but great on it's own. We had burgers, a BLT, and the mussels - all cooked properly and delicious. The view was great, and the prices were fair.

As another user mentioned, however, it is loud. It is not large, but very open in design, and has nothing to absorb sound. We were one of four parties, and if it were a full house I'm not sure I could have stayed.

Also, despite not many folks, it took a very long time for a server to take our drink order and get us rolling. I'm hopeful these are just growing pains as we were overall very happy with our selection and trip.

2  Thank Matthew A