“Real food. Excellent home cooking.”

Gary's Restaurant And Chamber Bar
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Whitehall
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Description: "For AM & PM People" At Gary's Restaurant and The Chamber Bar & Grill you can kick back, relax and enjoy a delicious meal where you're surrounded by friends and welcomed like family. With everything from classic All-American breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees, to specialty pizzas & subs, Gary's Restaurant and The Chamber Bar & Grill has something for everyone. We offer two dinning rooms with the option to enjoy a family style atmosphere or you may choose to stay a little later and enjoy our entertainment bar side.
Reviewed October 21, 2017

This is a no frills restaurant with not a lot of atmosphere, clean and basic, but the food is excellent. Homemade soups, wholesome vegetables served with flavorful entrees. My husband had liver and onions, and was very pleased. Everything tasted like it was made from scratch, not from a restaurant supply. We stopped on our way up North, and I think it will be a regular stop for us in the future. There was a wait for a table, so I guess the locals have caught on to this place. I'm afraid to say too much, lest we have to wait longer next time! I was very, very good.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Gary's Restaurant is an area institution, now located in Whitehall not far from the highway exit. They offer a great diner menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Service is good and food arrives quickly. Large portions are the rule. Breakfast is served all the time. On Sunday mornings the place is packed. A very good inexpensive choice in Whitehall.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Just your average family diner. The portions are quite large but the service is a little spotty. No childrens menu

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

We are a senior couple looking for home cooked supper. We visited this Restuarant years ago and I wondered why we never went back. Now I know why. First of all we froze when we went into the restaurant. The Restuarant was so cold. Then when we went to order the fried chicken we discovered it was not possible to have chicken legs as part of the order. So we changed and ordered a Reuben sandwich and cup of chicken noodle soup. The Reuben was very salty and the soup may have been ok earlier in the day but at 5:00 pm it was very over cooked. The coffee was ok but I had a Diet Coke that was quite small and a refill was never offered. I would never visit this place again and would never recommend to anyone.

1  Thank MaryAnn141
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

There isn't awhile lot to choose from in Whitehall, but we decided on Gary's based on the TripAdvisor reviews.
It's not a fancy place and it felt a bit strange being the only guests at 8 pm, but the food was incredibly tasty.
We had Reuben sandwich, Roast Beef au jus sandwich, fries and a salad and it was all great, must be a great chef! I especially recommend the Roast Beef au jus.