“Family Get together”
Review of Pub 111

Pub 111
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Whitehall
Reviewed June 6, 2018

That atmosphere was very comfortable. We had a family get together. My dad and I had the Wings. I thought they were very good. I love my Wings! Service was quick and friendly. We did visit during off peak hours. It wasn't too busy or too slow. One in my party is a vegetarian and they made a special wrap that she thought was really good!
Will visit again.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Came here over Memorial Day weekend. We came in at around 6PM and it wasn't very full at all. Four or five people at the bar, two tables of four by the door, and about five or six parties of two scattered around a very large space. A local musician had just set up inside and was playing some cover songs and it was a pleasant atmosphere.

We didn't want to sit at a high table, so we went into the adjacent room (large and fairly empty, looks like it would be used as a dance floor) and sat at a round table. Our server came to greet us an take our drink order. She was very friendly and had a great attitude. Along with our drinks, we ordered the Smoked Whitefish Dip as we heard it was a local favorite. The drinks came pretty quickly and the Whitefish Dip followed a few minutes after. The Whitefish Dip was good and went very well with the warm pita chips, but it was more cream cheese than fish.

We ordered our entrees and that was as good as it got. More parties came in after us and we only saw our waitress one more time after that, she came to take an additional drink order after we finished our first. We ended up waiting 35 minutes on our food at which we decided to call it quits and close out our tab with our drinks and the Dip. The manager was called over and she explained that they were having issues with the kitchen (short staffed) and several other orders ahead of us were delayed as well and that our food was almost out. We had places to be that evening and had been there for more than an hour already so we declined to stay.

My gf says she saw the waitress go to a few other tables after taking our order before she went to put them in with the kitchen. Whatever the reason, 35+ minutes for food was unacceptable to us that night. Maybe another night if we had the time to kill, but not that night.

If you're short on kitchen staff, let diners know when they come in. Even when we left, there weren't that many people. I've seen restaurants with three times the customers in the same amount of space serve meals much quicker than that. Looking at some past reviews, it looks like staffing wasn't a sudden issue that night. Not hiring enough people to properly function is a business decision and it looks like they were willing to lose my business as I won't stop here again.

Two stars for friendly service though.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We were staying at Amanda's Bequest and our hosts introduced us to this bar/pub. Great atmosphere, good beer. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. We didn't eat here so cannot comment on food.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Worth the trip for burgers--fresh, hand formed, juicy, tasty.
Buffalo wings and sweet/tangy BBQ wings also good.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

The perch basket was amazing! The people we're friendly and helpful. I was very impressed that everyone of the guests had suggestions of what to have. The customer enthusiasm made the place feel like it was home. Can't rave about the Pub 111 enough.