“Amazing carnitas”

Camino Real Mexican Grill
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Mexican-town family brings Authentic Crafted meals to Wyandotte n instant hit Downriver. Awesome Meats n Seafood reasonably priced menu n friendly service have made us regulars. Perfect for lunch or date night.AL BEER POE Great fresh authentic Mexican cuisine, Alambres Camino Real was excellent, the guacamole was fresh and the salsa & chip were the best I've ever tasted. Dany M. Super nice staff, sweet atmosphere, and delicious authentic Mexican food.
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Family dinner and everything was outstanding. Carnitas and enchiladas were delicious -----flavors great. Rice and beans both cooked well. Many items on menu not seen in typical american mexican resturants. Service was really good too. Great atmosphere. I'll be back.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Very good food and service. a little loud on a Saturday night - they have a strolling mexican band playing. Get something with the chorizo in it! awesome....and dont forget the blackberry margaria

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Food was good and priced decent. We had a group 12! The hostess Marissa was great at accommodating our group and our waitress Amanda was did a good job taken care of us all. Keep up the good work girls!!

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Coming home from work and decided to order food to take home. Have been there 3 times to order the chicken enchilada dinner with green sauce. Just the right amount of green sauce and cheese. Rice and beans are good, with lots of shredded chicken in the enchiladas. Order only took 10-15 minutes. Staff professional and courteous. Have not dined in yet. Friends of mine have eaten here, and love the food.Would also like to go to their other restaurant in Detroit.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been wanting to eat here since they opened, but are sometimes hesitant to try new places. Earlier this week, we finally decided to give it a go. First impression, why the heck are all the booths falling apart when they opened fairly recently. Second thought... Holy crap their pop cups are huge! A few minutes later, a man walks over and delivers some salsa and chips. He asks if we have been waiting long. I said no. He took our drink order and the waitress arrived promptly to take our order. Everything was going good. The food came out hot and the order was accurate, but man! The tacos were tiny! The waitress forgot a few things, but she made up for it. The food was really good. So good, in fact, that we decided to order take out a few days later...

My husband called and placed the order. He told me the total and it was double the price I expected. I called back to ask why and the young woman who answered the phone was defensive and rude. First of all, I could not hear her because the music was extremely loud and she was carrying on a conversation with another person on the other end of the line. She insisted that she explained to my husband that it would cost more because we wanted two meats with two different toppings. She kept saying he said it was ok, like she was assigning the blame to him. She had an attitude. When I asked her to clarify what came in a taco 6pk she said two different meats with two different toppings. Well, I'm confused because that is exactly what I ordered. She was not explaining anything to me. She just kept repeating that she explained it to my husband and he said ok. She was hard to talk to. I asked her if she explained it to him the same way she was explaining it to me because she wasn't doing a very good job. I still didn't understand why it was so much. She finally told me I had to get 3 and 3. Not 4 and 2. Ah ha! Then I tried to say oh ok, I will take it the way you have to do it... But she started screaming "Hello?!" into the phone. I was done at this point. I told her to cancel my order. She kept yelling. I yelled back at her to cancel the order, I don't want it. She kept asking me if I wanted my food so I yelled "No! Goodbye." Needless to say, I won't be back. How hard is it to explain stuff to your customers? I still don't understand why I can't get what I asked for for the advertised price. Chalk it up to greed. They charge extra for everything. I will stick to the other, much better mexican restaurants nearby.