“A real smokehouse!”

Texas Smoke Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 3, 2015

We love this place. They opened their doors every day after a big snow storm that left almost all of our neighbors without power for a week, but we keep coming back for the food!

It's a real smokehouse. It started out being a special place we enjoyed coming to for family celebrations, but really, it's so reasonably priced that we often come in on a whim or to get take-out now too.

Our favorites are the T-smoke Beef salad, and the pulled Chicken Burrito. We love the sauces too, salsa and three kinds of BBQ, which are available for purchase as well. We've also loved the ribs and wings. I recently tried the smoked salmon and it was wonderful. It all seems consistently good here.

Reviewed January 3, 2015

Tried this restaurant twice, when it first opened and recently. I know people who rave about it, but frankly I don't get it. The food is average at best and the atmosphere is non existant. Maybe it is me, but I can't recommend this place.

Reviewed December 14, 2014 via mobile

Excellent BBQ. Gem in northern NJ where BBQ places are rare and not authentic. Get the specials which are good. I had the potato corn chowder and it was the best soup I had on a chilly afternoon. Husband raved about the ribs and brisket and could not stop eating. Definitely worth a drive to eat BBQ

Reviewed November 4, 2014

Love this place! Stopped there randomly one day in our travels. Been there 5 more times since. There really isn't anything on the menu we don't love. Good appetizers, good meals and amazing ribs. I believe they have one multiple BBQ competitions. There's an outdoor deck/seating area for nice days. And even a fire pit for those chilly spring and fall evenings.

Reviewed October 22, 2014

I've had real BBQ in authentic places and Texas Smoke compares, it doesnt exceed but it definitely competes. The ribs are always tasty however I am not the biggest fan of the sides. If you have a craving for BBQ I would suggest Texas Smoke - just dont go crazy paying for all the sides.