“Best chopped brisket in New Jersey”

Texas Smoke Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 July 2015

Well, its the best I have had. I stopped in when I saw the place in Inside NJ magazine. I got take out. I want to try both the pulled pork and brisket, but really only wanted one sandwich. The guys were nice and made me one half-and-half. The pulled pork was really good - a few burnt ends being a a nice touch. But eh brisket was simply awesome. Three sauces - all served on the side as they should be. I will certainly be back.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

I travel a lot and have been to many barbecues across the South, Midwest, and Southwest. It is very hard to find good barbecue in North Jersey. So based on this, I rated Texas Smoke BBQ four (very Good) instead of 3 (average). The pulled pork was flavorful. The brisket was nice. The ribs were cooked well enough and came right off the bone. Everything was good but nothing really stood out and said "WOW!". The ladies were all more than polite and were helpful. Other comments about the order at the counter -"cafeteria style" are kind of unfounded. This is actually pretty typical for BBQ joints across the country.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

We love this place. They opened their doors every day after a big snow storm that left almost all of our neighbors without power for a week, but we keep coming back for the food!

It's a real smokehouse. It started out being a special place we enjoyed coming to for family celebrations, but really, it's so reasonably priced that we often come in on a whim or to get take-out now too.

Our favorites are the T-smoke Beef salad, and the pulled Chicken Burrito. We love the sauces too, salsa and three kinds of BBQ, which are available for purchase as well. We've also loved the ribs and wings. I recently tried the smoked salmon and it was wonderful. It all seems consistently good here.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

Tried this restaurant twice, when it first opened and recently. I know people who rave about it, but frankly I don't get it. The food is average at best and the atmosphere is non existant. Maybe it is me, but I can't recommend this place.

Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

Excellent BBQ. Gem in northern NJ where BBQ places are rare and not authentic. Get the specials which are good. I had the potato corn chowder and it was the best soup I had on a chilly afternoon. Husband raved about the ribs and brisket and could not stop eating. Definitely worth a drive to eat BBQ