Hotel Glutschaufel(Eschenbach in der Oberpfalz)
All reviewshome away from homewasher and dryerevery morningbusiness tripminute drivestay there againbeer coolerwelcoming atmospherewonderful patiofree beeralexeschenbachcharmaldiguesthousebavarian
Reviewed March 28, 2018

I have stayed here twice during extended work trips. Alex and his family go out of there way to make you feel at home. The staff is phenomenal taking care of your every need. In the future, I plan on staying here if Alex has availability.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Secluded from Grafenwoehr, but only a 10 minute drive. Nice rooms; good breakfast. Location in the country is stunning; good fishing and Summer sports are out the front door. Highly recommend. Several buildings; small home feel.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I was in the area for work and this hotel was booked for me. I have to say that I was very pleased with everything. The owner and the staff are incredibly personable and helpful. The room was a little small but was kept nice and clean. There was a washer and dryer available for laundry which definitely came in handy. And the best part about this place was the beer cooler that was always well stocked with local beer. At any point, you can grab yourself a free beer and enjoy it in your room. It doesn't get much better than that! The restaurant was delicious as well and the waitstaff was fantastic. The beef stroganoff was outstanding. This hotel has a lot of charm and I would definitely stay there again. I would say that the only downfall is the location as it is not very close to many restaurants. Eschenbach is a VERY small little town with a couple options. The Lidl store was definitely convenient though if you need any groceries or toiletries. It's just a stone's throw away.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2017

I love Hotel Am See. As soon as I arrived I felt very welcomed by the owner and staff. Also the food in the restaurant is so delicious I might be gaining some weight during my stay. The free breakfast is wonderful and the coffee is just right! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: My room has a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I can only speak on my restaurant experience and not the hotel itself. The staff was very friendly and the service was quick and very efficient. I asked for a soup and salad and it was good and well priced. Hope to be back again soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends