Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This Country Inn & Suites is absolutely one of the best places to stay. The staff is friendly, helpful, courteous, and 5 star professional. The front desk staff was especially friendly and
welcomed us with total respect and smiles. The room was very clean, well stocked with towels and amenities, and met my total expectations for a relaxing weekend. All motels should take lessons in management from this property. They shuttle to the Mall of America and do it with a friendly, helpful, caring attitude. The breakfast is delicious with many entrees to fit a light or a hungry appetite. If I'm in the area, I will never stay anywhere else and definitely will stay here when I visit the Mall of America.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Norita,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to see that our hotel met your needs for a relaxing weekend. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff members you interacted with, too. It's rewarding for all of us to see. Please contact me at the number below when you are making your plans for your next visit. I would love the opportunity to meet you in person.

952-646-2800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Jerseyville, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Awesome property! Straight away, the colored gentleman that checked me in (I can't believe I forgot his name) was a peach and went out of his way to accommodate my early arrival. He called housekeeping about the status of a room and offered me complimentary breakfast (which was delicious) while I waited. Even though there was a little hiccup while checking in, it was resolved promptly.

The accommodations were acceptable in every way and my housekeeping needs were exceeded. And my compliments to the breakfast staff; their service was unbeatable. The large selection on both hot and cold breakfast items was a great touch.

The close proximity to the MOA for walking purposes is a huge bonus and the convenience of the shuttle when a rain shower popped up was a huge perk. And I should note, the shuttle was always prompt regardless of the destination or purpose.

I love the fact that the pools and hot tubs are restricted to adults only after 11pm. Since it was unseasonably warm, I was wishing that the pools and hot tubs were outside but regardless the hot tub felt amazing after hours of shopping.

My holiday at the MOA and Country Inn & Suites ended way too soon, but I can say without hesitation that I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of the hall. They are quite and get less traffic.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Becki,

Thank you very much for the nice descriptions you posted regarding your experience with our hotel. We really appreciate your recommendation for your fellow travelers. I'm so glad we made a good impression on you. It's very gratifying to hear that my staff was able to have a positive impact on your stay. I look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Mall of America.

Best regards,

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is a great place to stay if you want to shop at the Mall of America. There's a shuttle with super nice drivers that leaves on the top of each hour, but it's just a quick to walk over to the mall. The staff was extremely friendly, and the breakfast was filling.

I do have 2 complaints. When we got in our suite, the bathtub had some sort of black stuff on the bottom of it. I didn't report this at that time. When my son and I each took a shower and the stuff was still there, I left the housekeeper a note. It was gone the next day.

Also, on the second morning of our stay, there was a pan full of cheese omelets on the breakfast bar. The pan remained full for a while because there was a long black hair right on top! I passed on the omelet, of course. When I returned to the bar, the hair had been removed, but none of the omelets had been removed along with it. :o/

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Geometryjunkie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience with our hotel. We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding our friendly staff, the shuttle service and the filling breakfast. I'm very sorry about the marks on the tub and the unappetizing situation in the egg chafer. I've shared your feedback with the breakfast attendants and they've assured me they wouldn't continue to serve food if they came upon the situation you described. Our breakfast room is an annual finalist or winner of the food safety award in Bloomington and I'm confident that our procedures adhere to the highest standards of sanitation. I wish someone on our team had discovered the issue, but I'm guessing a well intended guest might have tried to help by removing the hair and the attendants were not aware because it wasn't in their immediate work area at the time. In any case, I apologize and I appreciate you letting me know about the situation. Please let me know if your travels will be bringing you back to the area. I'd be happy to personally book your next reservation for you.

Longlac, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay. I mean that in two ways. Firstly, I loved the hotel itself. Our room was beautiful and clean and very quiet.

Secondly, if shopping is your thing, then The Mall of America is literally right next door. Staying here saved my wife and I the HELL that is parking in the MOA parking garage.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Go for the Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Canadian friend,

Thank you very much for your nice recommendation of our hotel. I love your honest and exuberant feedback! I'm so glad you had a good experience with us and I hope you'll be back to visit us again soon. It would be my pleasure to meet you and your wife in person. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Mall of America trip.

Downers Grove, IL
Reviewed 9 May 2012

There were things we loved at this hotel and things that were unacceptable. The location is great, across the street from the Mall of America and only a few minutes from the airport. No airport noise at all though. We used the shuttles and they were mostly convenient, although you could easily walk to the mall -- it was that close. The experience started badly with the airport shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We called and were told 10-15 minutes. After 25 minutes we called again, wondering if we missed it somehow. He finally showed up 45 minutes after the original call. Considering they have two shuttles and only go to the mall at the top of the hour (after our call), this was unacceptable. Check in was not perfect, as our Mom had called that day to put the trip on her credit card (thanks Mom!) and was told everything was fine, but of course when we checked in they didn't know what we were talking about. Fine, put it on my card. We went up to the rooms and both of our key cards didn't work, so we had to go back down. My sister's room was perfect, mine had a pretty big piece of cookie on the carpet (size of a cherry tomato). The carpet had obviously not been vacuumed upon examination of the rest of the room. I called down and they sent someone up to vacuum. After he sucked up the cookie, and several other big pieces of something from under the bed, he was ready to go -- not even bothering with the rest of the room! I asked him to vacuum the whole room and he did, but come on! The shower was good, bathroom supplies good, we had a good night's sleep, very good breakfast the next day. The next day we were out all day and when we got back mid evening, my room had never been cleaned. My sister's had, but when I called at 8:00 I was told the housekeeping staff was all gone for the day. The next morning we went down for breakfast and came back up to find the keycards had both been turned off. Check out time was noon, we hadn't checked out (it was 9:15!), so again we went back down. The staff was always very nice and the printer by the two computers in the lobby were great for printing boarding passes. All of these faults were not a big deal, but there are a lot of other hotels to choose from in this area -- probably 8 other major chains within minutes of each other, so even though we enjoyed several things about this hotel, I don't know if the good outweighed the bad.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chewpei
Dear Chewpei,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to know there were some things you loved about our hotel and thank you for the nice descriptions of the things you enjoyed. I'm very sorry to see there were several different oversights on our part that I agree are unacceptable. I appreciate your patience with the different issues and the fact you didn't feel they were a big deal, but I would hope you'd have a much better experience if you stayed with us again. Please contact me at the number below and I'd be happy to make arrangements for a future stay for you and hopefully, your mother will be feeling better and she can join you this time. The things you encountered are not typical for our hotel and based on your feedback, we made some operation changes to ensure no one else will feel they encountered a mixed bag while they are a guest in our hotel.

Best regards,

Conway, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The staff is very pleasant and helpful. My wife has special needs and the staff went beyond their expected duties to help her, bring her items and arrange for special accommodations.

The rooms are in great condition, the location is across the street from the Mall of America and two restaurants that deliver room service make it really convenient to get something to eat during your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel to other travelers on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your endorsement and I'm glad you feel your wife was in a good place for her needs. The staff at our hotel loves to feel that they are able to serve people well in the course of their jobs and your feedback is very rewarding to all of us. Thank you for choosing our hotel when you are traveling to our area. It's our privilege to have you and your wife as our guests whenever we can.

Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife & I spent a three night long weekend at MOA to shop for a special gift for her 60th birthday. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Our room was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a good choice of breakfast fare each day and a TGIF & IHOP are on the property if you slept in. We did not use their shuttle since the mall is just across the street and easy to walk to.

Room Tip: There are 200+ room here and five (5) of them have a small shower stall, so if this is an issue you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Warn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your experience with our hotel. I appreciate your nice comments and I hope you enjoyed your time with us. You sound like a very thoughtful husband. I'm sure your wife appreciate a shopping weekend and hotel stay with an in room whirlpool tub. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and I hope you'll be back again to visit us soon. Belated birthday greetings to your wife!