“Staybridge Suite Bloomington Visit”

Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Austin, Minnesota
“Staybridge Suite Bloomington Visit”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed Friday 2-3. Just finishing up on the remodeling of the hotel and it looks great. Staff is friendly, Hotel, pool and kitchen area are beautiful. Newly remodeled rooms are sharp and Modern. Excellent shuttle service to the airport and Mall of America.

Coming to Twin cities stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
SSB2001, Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We will be sure to pass along your comments to our entire staff as they are truly excited to hear how their efforts make a difference. We're glad you enjoyed our updated hotel features, and hope to see you again soon so you can see the finished product!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I did some major research for this trip, pulling up criteria on hotel websites such as pool, free breakfast, free internet, close to Mall of America, fitness center, etc.. and Staybridge Suites kept popping up again and again. I was weighing it against the Best Western and other properties. with the price, amenities, and star quality this hotel kept coming up with a mini-kitchen to boost. the hotel exceeded my expectations. its a newer property, friendly service, clean rooms, and a nice homey feel. the pool and hot-tub is great (the fitness equipment seemed a bit dated though). Rooms are just great with free internet and comfortable design (and comfortable beds as well). TV had premium channels. Food was mediocre but was just fine and suited needs. the hotel is great for families, business travellers or anyone looking for an extended stay (but a quick stay is fine here as well). the only downside is that the walls of this hotel are paper thin so smells emanate from room kitchens and noise can be heard in hallways (and alarm clocks and radios of nearby guest rooms). mall of america a short 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: in general walls are thin so choose rooms away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JEFFfromChicago
Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here for a weekend visit to the Mall of America. Very pleased. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Made wife and I feel very comfortable. Stayed in ADA room. Room was well thought out and exceeded all needs for my wife. Bed was comfortable. Hotel was quiet especailly considering we were on the ground floor facing the freeway. Also accomodated our service dog. Breakfast was outstanding with plenty of hot and cold to select from that was fresh, not processed. The business center had all you would need. The free Wi-Fi was seemless and fast. The pool was small but the whirlpool could easily accomodate 12 or more but I don't believe you'd stay here becasue of the pool anyway. But the large whirlpool was relaxing after a hard day of shoppiong at the Mall of America. Mall was only a short distance and easy drive. I'd place this hotel in the top ten of the 50 or so places I stay at each year.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
SSB2001, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyned your recent stay with us...our Breakfast staff will be excited to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!
1,519 Miles from Vegas
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had never even heard of the Staybridge brand prior to coming across this hotel in the course of a search of Bloomington, MN properties for my recent quick trip to the Mall of America. The photos and guest service/amenity list on the Staybridge website and especially the good reviews here on TA convinced me to pry open my wallet a little wider and book a rate a bit higher than the usual $60-$80 rate with which I was previously comfortable. Despite one initial "bump in the road" getting there, I must say I was not disappointed.
Public areas: The ones I visited were spotless & very tastefully decorated. I did not use the pool or fitness center. The (free!) business center was handy for checking
e-mail (if I owned a laptop I would've either broken it or left it somewhere by now!)
and printing the boarding pass for my flight home. The breakfast was extensive & tasty, the best "included" brekkie I think I have ever experienced. There was a calendar on the fridge showing what their dinner-time offerings were for Mon-Tue-Weds nights in November, and they also looked like they would be good, too. The studio I had was very comfortable and roomy, despite being a bit tight in the toilet-shower WC. Just a couple of points of feedback that keep me from awarding a full 5 stars:
1. No ice in the freezer, and a subsequent search of the entire floor (2nd) revealed no other source. This is a pretty basic item even at cheapo motels, surprised it got
overlooked.
2. If it were up to me, I'd have a glass or two out in open view by the vanity. Hiding
them in the kitchen cabinet is not always intuitive for those of us accustomed to more
standard hotel rooms. Same with the trash can, the second of which was hidden in
the cabinet under the vanity.
3. The shuttle. Thumbs-down on the written info provided on the website. I called from the Mall of America at about 7:45pm and asked for a pick-up. I was asked for
how many there were in my party. Uh, just lil' ol' me. Sorry, you have to wait until the
next scheduled pick-up, 9:45pm. Hmmm, this was a bit curious, as nowhere on the
website did it mention that there was a fixed schedule for pick-ups and drop-offs.
So I hopped in the mini-van of one of the rudest cabbies I have ever encountered,
who argued with me where I wanted to go, and spent $20 to get myself to the hotel.
It was only upon check-in that I finally saw the secret shuttle"schedule." I noted that
I would need the 10am departure to the airport. No one ever said I needed to "book" that in advance, either. I showed up at 9:50am and they "made an exception" and called the guy over from the Hilton Garden Inn next door to get stupid me.
So, I will probably be back, but next time I will call ahead to verify the shuttle, or else
I can plan on giving another $20 or $40 to a cheerful local hack! I know the G.M. is active on TA, and this is not meant to be a slam against what otherwise is a very good hotel, just a few suggestions for improvement.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Strip_Cruiser
SSB2001, Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to pass along your feedback. We truly do appreciate you taking the time to do this, and we attempt to use all feedback to improve the experience we provide our guests. I'm glad you found our business center and breakfast to be of value during your stay! I would like to apologize for the miscommunication about our shuttle schedule. We should have done a better job of communicating our scheduled runs and procedures to you at check-in. You are correct that each suite has a ice maker in the refrigerator, rather than a machine on the floors. We do have an ice machine in our breakfast area for those guests that need ice immediately (just a note for future any future visits to our hotel!). Thank you again for passing along your comments, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Willmar, MN
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Spent two nights here while our daughter was visiting! Excellent place to stay. Room was clean and newly decorated. Staff was pretty friendly and welcoming. Did not use maid service during our stay but we were always accomodated with extra towels when asked. Hall carpets were pretty dirty and we hesitated to let our grandson run in his barefeet on them. We were told that they were the next thing to be replaced. The pool was great but the pool room was way too hot...made it very difficult to sit and watch the kids swim. Reported it on Saturday night and it was better on Sunday morning. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We had the one bedroom suite and we had a lot of room to "hang out."
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This is the third time we have stayed here and always enjoy our stay. We made it a two-family stay this time with our son and his family (4) and us (retired). The most excellent reason to stay is the entire staff-friendly establishment. The morning breakfast buffet is always excellent with a the "director" very efficient, friendly, and "on top-of-everything" attitude. The food is well prepared and very good. The front desk is always friendly and helpful. When we come to Minneapolis, this is where we stay!

Room Tip: The cost of a pet is reasonable at $75. This is an extended stay place so the kitchen is great for...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 28 September 2011

And that should say most everything for me. My wife and I have become real fans of the Staybridge concept of small "apartment" living in lieu of a plain hotel room. We generally take a driving vaction every Sep/Oct and, in many of the cities we visit, we like to stay two or three nights. These are the occasions when Staybridge really shines. If we're going to eat in a fancy restaurant for example, we do it on the first night. The second night we can have the leftovers for another meal, thanks to the excellent kitchen facilities. Staybridge Suites in Bloomington is an excellent hotel with a good breakfast layout and ample seating for the meal in an attractive setting. The rooms are quite nice, too, with plenty of room to spread out. To be fair, there were a couple of things to mention. In the bathroom the hot water comes out by use of the right handle and vice versa. And neither handle is marked. Curious. I mentioned it to the girl at the front desk and she didn't seem concerned. My wife missed having a small luggage rack in the room on which to set our big suitcase. Most hotels have them--Staybridges we've stayed at seem not to have them. Having said that, however, I now actively seek out the chain when we travel. I wish I owned stock in the company.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
SSB2001, Manager at Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Thank you for staying with us, and passing along your feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that the Staybridge brand is a great fit for you! We will be sure to follow up on your feedback in regards to the plumbing in your room, and remedy any issues. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!