All reviews the holiday inn lounge area check in was quick and efficient desk clerk every hour great hotel beds were comfortable shuttle service airport pillows tv msp mall
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inns and Expresses. This was very similar to most. The room was clean and we did not encounter any problems. The desk staff was polite and helpful when we interacted with them.
The only hiccup/disappointment was being told that there would be a breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The first day was busy with an event but we had excellent menu service and were given a carafe of coffee. The second day was a weird experience where we didn’t know who was our server and we were given our coffee in to-go cups and had to refill them ourselves on our way back to our room. I hope that was a fluke.
I picked this location due to its proximity to several things we were doing and buying in order to move my kid into college. It was convenient and I will consider this location for future visits.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and for taking the time to share such a thorough review. Our team hopes the college move-in went well and that your child has a rewarding year of school. We are very sorry for the issues encountered during breakfast and will be sure to discuss your feedback internally right away. Thanks again for staying with us and enjoying our great location. See you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located and aesthetically pleasing. It’s the staff that needs a lot of training, in particular on service recovery. When you miss the mark, fix it. First, before I even arrived a female employee discussed my reservation with someone other than me (violation of privacy - potentially a safety issue). The person she discussed my reservation with text me saying “your reservation was wrong at the hotel, but I fixed it.” The problem was the person was unaware of our change in plans, therefore her “fix” cost us money. It should’ve never been allowed. A manager (Caleb) fixed the “fix” and assured us the room would be available and what we requested at check in. Upon check in, a male associate was unable to find my room & directed me to another Holiday Inn down the road. I was pretty certain I was in the right location so I asked if Caleb (the manager I’d spoken with earlier) was employed at this location he said yes, searched again and voila he found my reservation. The room should’ve been a king - it was a queen. The “only” way to get into the correct room would be to cancel my reservation and pay current rate of $200 a night. For the inconvenience the desk clerk provided us with three vouchers for breakfast. He explained to use one voucher each day -each voucher was good for up to four people. Not so! The server at breakfast advised each person must have their own voucher each day. Luckily my husband slept through breakfast one day. I arranged for a late check out (2pm). The hotel deactivated our room key at 12pm.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Greg P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Teesha,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am disappointed to see that your experience was less than excellent. Under no circumstance should we be making changes to reservations without speaking to the person whose name the reservation is under. I will definitely be speaking to the front desk team to discuss and correct the issues you mentioned.

The guest room keys automatically deactivate at 12:00, the desk staff should have reminded you to come to the desk to have your keys extended until your requested departure time.

I appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we can make the necessary corrections.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

It was a great hotel. The staff was very friendly n the rooms n hotel were clean. Would highly recommend this place to friends and family. We will be staying there again for sure. The shuttle was great to.

Kari,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay. I am pleased to see that your experience was exceptional and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with lots of fun amenities in the front lounge. However, they allow people to smoke on the patio just outside the lounge (which is also right next to the front entry door). It smells like smoke as you walk inside and the lounge area smelled of smoke our first evening there as people walked in and out fairly consistently. If you’re a smoker, this is a great option for you - if you aren’t and/or are traveling with children who will want to enjoy the lounge or the outdoor sitting space, this may not be the best choice.

The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Staff was pleasant. Pool was small but clean.

Would have rated 5 stars if not for the smoking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jgrots
Greg P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Greg Pike

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Me and my family were meant to catching a connection flight in Minneapolis to Washington DC but due to varies different things we didn’t catch our Connection flight and spent the night in holiday inn.

As soon as we got into the hotel the staff were warm and welcoming after the stressful day we just had, we were able to check in quickly and they were very good at explaining what we could catch in the morning to the airport and just being supportive.

The bedroom was clean and tidy and had a very comfortable bed and plenty of towels so that we could have a shower and freshen up.
Thank you holiday inn so that we were able to get some sleep and chill

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear Amy,
It was our pleasure to provide you with a welcoming, clean place to relax after a stressful day. We're so pleased our wonderful staff helped make you feel at home. Should you find yourself back in the area, please come stay at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area again.