All reviews light rail front desk the club lounge huge tv modern hotel blue line close to the airport would definitely stay here again free shuttle excellent hotel msp airport enjoyable stay comfortable bed hotel restaurant mini fridge business trip shuttle service
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

What can be better than a new hotel, clean & comfortable room, and oversized bathroom? Absolutely nothing! Kudos to my husband for choosing this hotel! Location was perfect! Close enough to airport but not too close to bothered by noise. Also close enough to many things to do because it near highway (but again, not too close).
And, there’s a great restaurant in the lobby. If your room cost doesn’t include breakfast, you can upgrade with coupons which are an extremely fair cost for any breakfast item on the menu served in the restaurant.
Highly recommended!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Michelle T, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

We strive to impress our guests and are thrilled that we won you over with our exceptional 5 star hotel and hospitality! From check in to check out it sounds as if our entire team welcomed you with great Hyatt hospitality, and we can’t wait to do it all over! We’re honored to welcome you to the Hyatt Regency by Mall of America family, and we hope you’ll be back to see us all again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2018

I come to Minneapolis on business 2 -4 time a year. I used to stay at the downtown Hyatt but when the Bloomington property was built I was excited because the location is much more convenient. The compliments end here.

This property is a franchise and is poorly managed. It is the little details that reveal this. The attitude from management whether at the restaurant/Market or from front desk staff who have trouble setting customer expectation. I have even experienced this as a high up as the GM of the property who refused to address issues after I complained to her about the staff. I have entered into the Lobby on Saturday afternoon, which is welcoming, to find the bar area dark, nobody behind the bar and dirty tables. It is clear they have staff shortage, especially when it takes 25 minutes to deliver a cheap razor or 2.5hrs to have my room serviced, after being told it would be taken care of immediately.

Again, it is simply setting the expectation.

Dining: I would advise against upgrading to the Regency Club level because its not worth it. They cut too many corners with the food, especially breakfast. However, the restaurant Urbana, has some good menu items but the location of the Market, which serves pre-made food and coffee, makes the restaurant experience confusing.

Rooms: the rooms are small but what the Hyatt does well is the mattresses. If you prefer mattresses on the firm side, you cant go wrong. Marriott mattresses tend to be a little too soft for me. The suites are well-appointed but they are cheap with the toiletries. They offer "packets" of toothpaste rather than the travel-sized tube that most hotels provide.

As a globalist and after staying at this property several times, I have decided to address my concerns directly with the Senior Leadership Team at both the franchise and corporate level. I've stayed at Hyatt's all over the world and this property is nowhere near the Hyatt standard.

Room Tip: Consider a suite level room. Don't bother upgrading to the Regency club. Its not worth the extra money unless you want unlimited water.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Michelle T, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for your review, I do apologize fore the inconveniences during your recent stay. Our team does strive to go above and beyond for each of our valued guests to ensure an enjoyable stay. I would welcome the opportunity to continue our conversation to learn more about your experience if you are willing please reach out to me directly at michelle.torguson@hyatt.com regardless, please know we do value you as a loyal Hyatt customer and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

My room was clean and comfortable. It was just an overnight stay and I was exhausted so I decided to order room service. The person that answered the phone seemed to have a hard time understanding English although she eventually got my order right. The menu was creative and different but I decided to get a hamburger. You have a choice of meat and I chose the Angus beef. It comes with cheese, bacon and caramelized onions. There was more cheese and onions than meat. The burger was not one patty but two. They were about the size of a McDonald's hamburger patty. They were spread out to cover the bun which was much larger. When I wasn't asked for temperature I just figured it would be medium well and I almost called back to ask for medium. It turns out there would be no way to cook these pathetic little patties to any temperature. I also didn't receive ketchup, mustard or mayo. I just assume a burger will come with these condiments...

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am disappointed to hear of the in room dining experience you encountered during your stay as we strive to achieve the very best.

Rest assured that I have investigated your experience and have addressed the issues to ensure our food quality and service is to the high level we are known for and that guests do not experience the same occurrences. In addition, please know that we undergo continual training of both new and existing staff in order to maintain the highest levels of service.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you as we are confident that you will have a more positive experience during your next stay. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with any details.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a family wedding to attend in Minneapolis. This hotel is very nice. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable with plush bedding. The furnishings were new and contemporary. The room itself was compact but everything we needed was provided including a small fridge and in room safe. The maid staff did a great job keeping the room clean. We ate breakfast twice in the hotel’s restaurant and one dinner and all were very good - interesting menus! Well stocked bar in the lobby for happy hour! There was an indoor pool but would have loved an outdoor one to sun at as we had a heatwave while there. The front desk was very accompanying allowing us to check out at noon to attend a post wedding family brunch in a private room in their restaurant. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Regency near Mall of America for your family wedding. We are delighted you enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer including our friendly staff, comfortable and plush bedding and great menus! We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel near the airport. Got stuck in Minneapolis over night. Great frequent shuttle to and from airport. Went to the restaurant Urbana downstairs. Subpar service. Place was pretty empty and it took 30 minutes to get a drink I ordered from the bar. Food was decent, not amazing. Wish they had breakfast included considering the price of the hotel. Overall.. perfect hotel to stay in over night if you’re stuck in minneapolis due to a missed connection. Otherwise.. would not recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am disappointed to hear of the subpar service you encountered during your stay as we strive to achieve the very best.

Rest assured that we have investigated your experience and have addressed the issues with the appropriate team members to ensure future guests do not experience the same occurrences. In addition, please know that we undergo continual training of both new and existing staff in order to maintain the highest levels of service.