GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$120
US$157
US$133
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewspark plazabreakfast buffetbit datedbed was comfortablepool and hot tubking roomexercise roomshuttle servicechecking inbusiness centerlight railclose to the airportfree shuttleperkinstraderinterstatemoa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on two separate trips in the past two months. The staff was excellent and made us feel welcome. It was convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc. Also, the price was excellent compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cb628
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Right up front, I want to state that I took an online survey rating our experience, listing the good and the bad of our stay, and the hotel manager contacted me by email to respond. I was happy to hear that they were listening to my comments.

The room we stayed in was pet-friendly, which is why we stayed here. We provided our own kennel and kept the do-not disturb sign on the door so that our dog wouldn't bark when maid service entered the room. This worked out fine, I guess, because he didn't get us evicted after our first day there.

Pool was fine - our kids loved it, but what kid doesn't love a hotel pool?

Rooms were not as clean as I'd like, and they needed some updating and touching up where the wallpaper was peeling. I'm not an over the top germophobe, but a little more attention by housekeeping between guests would have been appreciated. We don't ask housekeeping to clean while we are there, because I don't think it's necessary, since no one does that for me at home, so I can't state how they clean up while you are a guest - only their cleaning between occupants.

Overall, I'd probably stay again if traveling with our dog. If he wasn't along, I'd probably not stay there. Rates were cheap, and I'd imagine the pet-friendly rooms aren't the best of the bunch so that if Fido eats the bedside table while you're in the pool, the hotel isn't out much. It seemed OK for the rate we paid. I'd have been sadly disappointed if we'd paid $300 a night for it, but the $70ish was acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank maddiemae81
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We went to Minneapolis for a holiday visit and needed something comfortable and convenient. The Park Plaza was all that and more. It's a great hotel for the price. Sure, it's a little long in the tooth and could stand some more upgrades but the important upgrades are done. The bed was superb. The room was spacious and comfortable with an easy chair and desk along with the usual hotel room furnishings.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The hotel is clean. The employees are friendly and attentive. Best value for the location.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Have used the Park Plaza several times for park & fly purposes when flying out of Minneapolis International. Each time we have had tremendous service and the shuttle to and from the airport had been speedy and have never had a problem getting to or back from the airport. The staff is friendly & very helpful when needed for any reason. Great location is very peaceful and easy to get to. All-in-all, I recommend the Park Plaza when in town for a game, shopping or when flying out of MSP.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family