All reviews culver's restaurant waffles hard boiled eggs biscuits and gravy shuttle service stayed one night continental breakfast twin cities bed was comfortable easy access desk clerk convenient location the breakfast area airport mall walmart moa
Reviewed July 16, 2017

For the money the hotel is okay. Don't expect views or attention to details. It's a little run down to judge by hallway carpets. We were on the second floor and the room was relatively quiet. The AC worked well. The mattresses are at the end of life and need to be replaced. There was rarely anyone at the desk when we arrived during our stay. The housekeeping was minimalist. We had two queen beds, one with a boxed frame with no access under the bed; the other a standard frame under which a vacuum rarely passed. Our first day I noticed a bottle cap and candy under the bed. After three days it was still there. The toilet seat was missing a hinge cover. The bathroom door would benefit from a hook for towels. The shower was decent. There are two floors but no elevator. The breakfast is okay with waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, bagels, and pastries. Scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon would be nice but not on the menu. So for the money it's not a bad deal if you just want a place to park and sleep. If you want romance, more amenities, attention to detail look elsewhere but pay more. There are some things to complain about but for the money overall it's not bad, but not great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Dave K, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Stephen,
I do apologize that you had issues with your stay and I do thank you for your feedback so we can get these issues corrected.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

There is no elevator and we were on the second floor. This was fun. They closed breakfast about 20 minutes early every morning so it doesn't really run until 10. One of the waffle machines were broken. Shower was Tiny and the water pressure was extremely high. Had a fridge but not. Little freezer section. Ice machine by our room broken, had to trek across the place to get to the other one.. Luckily we weren't slowed down by stopping for breakfast it was already closed. On the upside bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The staff was also nice and it's in a good location to get to things. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Dave K, Manager at La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Amy,
I do want to apologize that you had some issues with your stay and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. Our breakfast should always run till the hours it is posted and I am sorry this was not the case. We have ordered a new ice machine and hopefully will be installed this week. We do always try and honor first floor room requests. Again, thank you for your thoughts.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Cons: Cigarettes just outside entrances and right next to the no smoking sign. Some cigarette smoke smell in the room. Hair in the bath tub. Takes along time to get to your room.
PROS: staff were friendly and courteous. Shuttle to the airport was on time and fast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Dave K, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Adil,
Thank you for the review. I do apologize that you had to deal with people smoking outside in the parking lot by your room. We do try and monitor that but we missed it this time. Again I apologize for the issues you had.
Dave Kamm

Reviewed July 13, 2017

I booked online with LaQuinta at LQ.com and have the confirmations. But when the hotel bill came through, they overcharged me on the bill itself. Then they billed me another $50. We tried to find out what the $50 was for but they couldn't tell us and said it was probably because someone smoked in the room. I said no one smoked in the room, though the room smelled a little smoky when we got there and we complained but they didn't have another room to move us to. I contacted the credit card company and they said the charge came through the day we checked in, not the day we checked out - so how could they charge us $50 for a smoky room on they day we checked in? So they overcharged us $25 more than what the confirmation we got online and and they charged us $50. I wrote the manager - same person who answers the complaints on these reviews from Trip Adviser, and he never got back to me or responded, nor did I get a credit.

Room Tip: Double check your bill!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Dave K, Manager at La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dave,
I received your email from the corporate office yesterday (never in the mail) regarding the issue with one of the three rooms and parking charge that was placed onto the room in question. I have responded to your email and look forward to your reply.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We were visiting and using LaQuinta points my dad had. This hotel should be condemned! From the parking lot, to the run down lobby, to the dirty halls it was horrid. The hotel rooms were a teeny bit of an improvement, but needed a really good scrubbing. Hair on bathroom floor and wrinkled sheets looked as though they were not clean. Carpet felt damp and tacky. We ended up staying at another hotel in the area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank pearleizumi
Dave K, Manager at La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I do apologize that you did not find the hotel to your liking. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at: lq4029gm@lqreviews.com to discuss this further.
David Kamm - GM