“Bargain of all bargains” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South

Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago
“Bargain of all bargains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed here this past week for the 1st time. Have stayed at many properties within the airport / Mall of America area. For $69 on H.I website, I challenge you to find a better bargain. Hotel was about to undergo a major renov of the rooms. The rooms weren't all that bad to begin with. Green Mill attached was decent. Happy hour specials on food and drink twice throughout night! This hotel has clean rooms, and very large flat screen TV's. Would be nice to have some expanded cable options...... I'm certain once this hotel is completely done with renovations, the price wil escalate. This hotel is only 3 min south of 494 and right off I-35W. Staff is friendly too...

Room Tip: Might be quieter away from highway......
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Clean, friendly staff, great rates, easy to get to the Airport or Fate Farm HQ.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suites are awesome
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kayo55
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed at this location at March 2011 for the weekend (late review) with my boyfriend and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!
Service was awesome, the room was very clean, and the hotel is just 10-15 minutes away from Mall of America! The free shuttle service was very convenient!

During my stay, my boyfriend's car wouldn't start because the battery was dead. We drove from Chicago so it was our only ride home. We went to front desk and asked if they could help us.. and who would've thought the front desk manager would be one with us outside (it was like 35 degrees btw) trying to start our car. He was very helpful - it's been months I forgot his name!

I gave a 3 rating for sleep quality because we were right next to the elevators and it was in the process of being fixed. It woke us up at 8am. Other than that, the walls AREN'T paper thin and we had a quiet night.

I DEFINETLY recommend this hotel for anyone!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have stayed heer many times, and written reviews some of those times. They have very gradually made progress here, but it's not the best hotel in the world. If nothing else, they finally replaced that ancient elevator I was always afraid to ride in! Some cosmetic improvements have been made, and the hotel is fairly clean, but could use some improvements there also.
My two complaints now are these: 1) you out in new TV's, so how about replacing those remotes where the numbers are rubbed off and the buttons barely work? Not that it matters, as the TV only gets about 20 channels, and most of them are MTV related. 2) Please add more, and far better, pillows to the rooms. My room had 4 pillows, but you would have to sew all of them together to make one decent pillow.
I do have to say that the carpets could use a good cleaning, but they didn't appear as horribly dirty as I remembered from before.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed for just one night here. We were picked up at the airport by Holiday Inn, the driver very friendly and helpful. Front desk also very friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed. Ended up having dinner at the hotel and it was fine, very reasonable price. Bed very comfortable, nice flat screen tv and everything in working order. What more do you need. Again, the driver back to hotel, couldn't of been more helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here on a whim. We needed a place since we had an early flight out. Yes the hotel is older, but the beds were comfortable, and the staff was awesome! We had no problem with check in, check out and everything in between. The hotel is convenient to the Mall of America as well. Great location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
I am so glad we were able to take care of you. Please come back and see us again . Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35. Thank you for your feedback.
Harrogate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I've stayed here a few times and it's by no means the worst hotel I've been in. The staff are among the friendliest I've come across.

The hotel is comfortable in general and the "Green Mill" among the best bar/restaurants I've found ANYWHERE.

The downside is that despite it's refurbishment, it still appears somewhat "tired". Which is a shame when it looks like so many of the front of house staff work hard to make the stay enjoyable. And it's definitely in need of decent lighting in the rooms. And Bloomington itself isn't the centre of the universe to be fair.

If you don't want noise ask for an outside room. The rooms overlooking the pool can get noisy - it doesn't usually affect me to be honest but I've stayed there with others who've had a problem. And as has been said in other reviews, the lift is remarkably slow for a hotel with only 4 floors (try using the one at the end of the main corridor on the right - it's a bit quicker).

I stay here on business. I might stay on vacation for a couple of days if it were necessary.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback and the kind words about the staff, and the Green Mill I will make sure to forward your comments to them. Some exciting news is we are planning to renovate the rooms in the begining of the year. We will continue to strive for the best customer service and we thank you for returning us. Look for some exciting changes in the future. Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn I -35W