All reviews front desk shuttle service restaurant staff nice pool business travel twin cities would highly recommend this hotel bed was comfortable up to date very nice hotel light rail sai driver airport mall ihg elevator
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were picked up by a friendly shuttle guy at the airport that brought us to our hotel. When we arrived the hotel had a line of people waiting to be checked in and only 1 employee working the desks. The check in process was easy and elevators were working great as I've read other reviews saying they werent. The rooms were nice, clean and fresh. The beds were super comfortable. The shower and water pressure good. We went to the bar/restaurant and had fabulous food and drinks. After eating we hopped on the 6pm shuttle that took us to the Mall Of America. We were told that the last shuttle would pick us up by 10pm at the same location as drop off. Well we made it back out by 9:40 pm waiting and waiting, watching other hotel shuttles pick up. Well we saw our shuttle go right on by us and didnt stop. We we're in front of the line. So I called the hotel and they said that was the last ride because the shuttle was going to the airport. The lady on the phone suggested we call Uber, a taxi or use light rail (whatever that is, we are visitors from another State) so here we are 2 girls from the South in the middle of a big city stranded at the Mall of America at night. Wow, no one coming to get us?? Let me tell you something, if you ever come to the South that would never ever happen. We dont do stuff like that. If a shuttle couldnt come get us you can bet a manager would drop everything and come get us in her own flippen CAR!!! And they say Minnesota Nice??? We would have given all stars to this hotel but because of the lack of hospitality and not feeling loyal or responsible to their guests I gave them what I did.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Heidi T:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza Bloomington. I am happy to read that you had several things that you enjoyed during your stay but I am disappointed to learn of your experience with the shuttle service. This is definitely not what we want you to remember about your visit. If possible, I would like the opportunity to speak with you about the issue. Please email me your contact information to me. My email address is pbissen@cpmsp.com.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Even though our airplane landed late (1AM) the staff at the crown plaza greeted us pleasantly and had everything ready. Easy parking, beautiful pool, just what we needed after a long day of traveling. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear Deborah G:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Crowne Plaza Bloomington. I am delighted to read that you had a good night's rest after a long day of travel.

I hope that your travel plans bring you back to the area again for pleasure and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Just a quick update - not only was my stay bad, now I have a $50 charge on my cc that wasn’t authorized! I called the hotel and they said due to Sunday and the holiday it won’t be refunded until Tuesday but this is a regular practice. I could see a soft hold to make sure the card is good but actually processing a $50 charge for nothing. That seems wrong. So watch your credit card and just do yourself a favor and don’t stay here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear 7Serendipity7:
Thank you for providing feedback for your stay at the Crowne Plaza. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. A credit card authorization is a hold for the amount of $50. It is not an actual charge and it should only reflect the transaction on your credit card as a hold. I apologize for any frustration this issue caused.

Your business is important to us and I hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my ten year old daughter so we could visit the mall before driving up north to see family. She loved the pool; I loved the hot tub. I booked on Hotwire, so I was pleasantly surprised to be offered a bed choice (2 queens or a king) which usually isn’t offered at hotels from Hotwire bookings. The room was nice and updated. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night’s sleep.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear Bridget H:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza Bloomington. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us on your visit to Mall of America. I appreciate the outstanding rating for all areas of the hotel and I will share your comments with all of our team members.

I hope that your travels will bring you back to the area and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Patrick Bissent

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights for a visit to see all that MOA has to offer. We stayed with our 2 grade-school aged kids. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, and we had enough space. Great flat screen TV and a mini fridge. The bathroom was very nice and updated.
We ate at the restaurant for dinner once and breakfast once and also utilized room service- all the food was great. I highly recommend the Cranberry Turkey Melt- amazing!!
Location was great- 10 minute drive to MOA. The pool was large with both a shallow and a deep end that goes to around 8 feet.
We would happily stay again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Tarah H:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza Bloomington. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the amenities and the room decor. Additionally, I am happy to learn that you had great dining experience. I will share your review with all of our team members.

I hope your travel brings you back to the area soon and we look forward to serving you in the future.