“New management”

Add it.
Dairy Queen
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Blue Earth
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I love go in to DQ to get a blizzard. Recently, I have been stopping for their lunch specials which have improved under the new management. Stop and enjoy a cool treat!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Having stopped here many times as a kid in the 80s and 90s, I thought "nah, it can't be as bad as the reviews say... people just have high expectations"... AND the marque outside said "under new management". I thought we'd be good if we just wanted a couple ice creams.

I was wrong. It IS that bad.

We just wanted to grab a quick sundae to eat at the Jolly Green Giant... we came into the building rather than going through the drive through. There were 2 people ahead of us. The staff was completely oblivious and did not acknowledge our existence.

The people ahead of us started placing their order but for some reason the person at the register had didn't seem able to work the register competently. More people showed up behind us, both in line and waiting for their food that had already been ordered. The staff ignored us all. We waited about 10 minutes and never got to the front of the line.

We walked out without having had a chance to order. Bummer. I've learned my lesson about trusting the Trip Advisor community. Don't repeat my mistake.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

The lady who took my order yelled at the cashier before her to switch but apparently she was better. Then she proceeded to mess up my order and over charge me till I had to spell it out for her.

No apology just threw me my change.

All said and done I spent 30 minutes waiting for my food and that was after I waited 10 minutes to order.

During my time waiting I had a chance to see the restaurant. Gross! If I hadn't already paid and waited I would have just left.

No wonder DQs are going out of business nationwide.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I have never given a one in a review before so that shows how disappointed we were our quality of food and service as well as cleanliness. First off, we had to explain to the cashier what the difference was between a meal with a drink and a meal without. A DRINK doy!!! Gravy wasn't available as a sauce for the chicken strips since they have been w/o gravy containers for over a week. When we went to find a seat all the tables were dirty so we had to find one which was the least dirty. Chicken strips were small and luke warm. When we left, we ordered ice cream and we're charged for a sundae when we asked for chocolate ice cream in a dish.
All in all very disappointing and we won't be returning in the near future.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 22, 2017

So this is RIGHT next to the Jolly Green Giant statue which was fun to see. After getting our pic there, we sent my husband off to get gas in the car and I went to get lunch. They were out of fries--this is a bizzare thing, and everyone who came up and was told there were no fries was just sort of non plussed. The explanation was that the new manager wasn't used to how many fries they went through and didn't order enough. The food was pretty good, the usual DQ fare, and the service was good, but I've observed that DQ is not as fast as most other fast food stores, and this was the case, a long wait while food was prepared.

Date of visit: July 2017