All reviews no see ums paddle boards washer dryer cracked conch beach activities rented a car west palm beach conch salad ocean front minute ride full kitchen great resort fitness center nice beach marina staff burger tiki
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited. Secluded, quiet and clean. The water is sparkling and warm, truly a paradise!!

We arrived by boat and cleared customs/immigration in an hour. Just be conscious of your marina bill, they tried charging us a daily rate for electricity when we didn't use any.

Travelled with our 12 year old son and there were lots of activities to keep him occupied: outdoor ping pong, a two-level pool, kayaks, paddle boards and shuffleboard.

Hotel is very isolated and there are only 2 places to eat. One is a beach shack with alcoholic drinks, burgers, bar food, etc. The other is a restaurant with a very limited menu. We got tired of eating there every day.

Wifi is free but beyond terrible.

My biggest disappointment was the staff. Our room was near the staging area for the maids and they were always lingering outside on the porches on their phones. I also heard one female employee dropping f-bombs to whomever she was talking to on her cell. Very unprofessional.

Our room was oceanfront and decorated nicely. We had a front porch that overlooked the marina and was great for watching sunsets. Also had French doors leading to the back porch. Sunrises were beautiful. On the flip side, the tub had no knob, the pullout couch had a musty/mildew smell and there was a bug in our room with freaky glowing eyes.

Overall, 5 star location with 3 star service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank hkw74
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Went to this marina for a couple of days and the service was great. The was someone there to help dock and make sure the electricity is connected and properly running. The pool was a nice place to stay for the day and the bar and restaurant had very good food. I highly recommend especially for the avid fisherman!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Karatefern
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We cannot wait to go back. The marina and staff are excellent in quality and helpfulness. The front desk staff are beyond kind and happy to please. Any time you ask for something they help you. The room was spacious, clean, and perfect. The view was breathtaking. I could live here. It’s perfrct for couples, solo travelers, families w/kids of any age. The restaurant was delicious. The beach bar and various staff were so helpful. We cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed July 2, 2018

What a great experience we had during our week's stay at the Old Bahama Bay. The rooms were clean, comfortable, quiet and tastefully decorated. The added bonus was being able to cook (the hotel will provide you with a full kit of pots/pans and cooking utensils....just call the front desk). Harold and Garbriel could not do enough in terms of hospitality and ensuring my son and I had the best experience. You have the opportunity to engage with as much or as little activity as you choose. The beach was only steps away from the room and looked straight from a postcard! The restaurant was excellent and served a broad range of food from local seafood to build your own pizza (the latter we took 'to go' and ate on our balcony). Very laid back yet professional and well run property. Would recommend renting a car for that extra flexibility. Thank you ! We will be back!!

Room Tip: We took a 'pool view room' which was absolutely fine for us.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jebalcombe
Reviewed June 4, 2018

We travelled by boat with another couple for the weekend. Our experience was better than theirs. Both rooms had French doors opening to the patio area and both locks were broken. Our friends' room was on the bottom floor, so anyone could enter their room at any time. In fact, their door handle wouldn't even stay on. The resort is pretty and very brightly painted. I liked that. It is surrounded by the crystal blue waters of the Bahamas, making it feel serene. When we booked our room, there was a $100 difference between oceanview and oceanfront, so we saved a little money with the oceanview. Our friends opted for the oceanfront at the higher rate. When we arrived, we found that our building was next to theirs directly on the ocean. We were happy, they obviously were not. I loved the layout of our room and did not expect the full kitchen, or we would have brought more cooking provisions. My issue was the amount of taxes and resort fees we had to pay. Our $290 night room became $380 night room after all the fees. That did not include the cruising permit and dock fees. My friend had a situation in which she had to go to Freeport. We took the resort transportation to Freeport, ran our errands and returned back to the resort in 2 hours. Our charge for the transportation was $140.00 and our driver demanded cash. My friend had to take a cash advance on her credit card at the lobby desk to pay him. That is literally highway robbery! The maids were very good. Our room was cleaned properly. But maintenance issues included a kitchen faucet that kept falling off, a refrigerator that leaked and a jacuzzi tub that didn't work properly. Besides some mosquitos and no-seeums, there were no bugs. The service had a lot to be desired. The restaurant and tiki bar service was very slow, but I believe it was due to understaffing. For a "resort" catering to an upper income demographic, I would think that the service and facilities would be better.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the marina, be specific when reserving. Stay on 2nd floor, because our room's outside French doors did not lock.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends