“I guess its the best in the area”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Carlton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carlton
Atlanta, Georgia
“I guess its the best in the area”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

There aren't many hotels in the area to choose from. I have to come here again soon and I would possibly stay again but it is definitely more of a motel than a hotel. It is clean but very outdated. I was disappointed that the internet was down the whole time and I was there on business so it was unfortunate that I couldn't do work while I was in the room. You get what you pay for, so as long as your expectations are based on the price you should be fine.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
AmericInnGuy, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Carlton, responded to this review, 12 November 2011

We appreciate you taking your time to help us find what we need to work on to make your next stay more enjoyable. We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms and have several done at this time. Give us a call if you decide to stay again and ask for one of the newly renovated rooms. I'd love for you to be one of the first to see our progression in room quality. I'm sorry for the problems you experienced with your internet. Right now we are talking with other available internet providers in the area to switch over to. I hope all is well and hope to hear from you again.

AmericInn Carlton Assistant Manager
Matt Grusznis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Plymouth, MN
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed for 1 night and ended up with the handicapped-equipped room. The room was very dated (especially the bathroom with the trickling shower). Bed was comfortable.

Our room was right next to the front desk and soda machine. We had to turn the window A/C fan on to mitigate the noise.

The front desk staff were all very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate our customers opinion and have responded by starting a renovation project on our rooms. We have a few done now and hope you get the chance to come back and see how we have improved.

On a side note, kudos to your tripadvisor avatar. It's good to see people doing thier part to stop manbearpig!

Sincerly,
South East Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed here overnight while visiting near Duluth. It was about $50-100.00 cheaper than any hotel in Duluth, MN and it was very close to Duluth. It's right off the highway-very easy to find. The hotel staff is kind and friendly. Breakfast was convienent and delicious and we were able to get on our way in no time.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
We appreciate your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you get the chance to come back and see us soon. Our staff will be delitghted to serve you again.

Monticello, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Desk staff is very helpful. Pool is clean fun hot tub is just the right temp. Breakfast has waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy plus cereal and toast. Rooms are clean and very quite. Beds are great sleep very well when staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ScottyTravels1972
Thank you so much for your review! It makes us all here at AmericInn happy to hear our customers enjoying their stay. We wanted you to know that we are also renovating our rooms right now to make all our customers that much happier. We hope to see you soon and hope all is going well.

st paul minnesota
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We stayed here for a one night get away. The building was clean. The room we had was large. The breakfast waffles you make yourself are a great addition for the small room price for the night. The front desk staff were very helpful. We had a good stay.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to make every night enjoyable for our guests while keeping it reasonably priced. Right now we have started a renovation project on our rooms. We think the updated look will give our guests something extra to smile about. Let us know if you every plan on taking another one night getaway. If you'd like to give me a call I can give you some recommendations of great places to visit in the area.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I come up to this part of the country from time to time for business. I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past 4 years. While it is no Ritz Carlton - it certainly is a nice and clean place to stay and rest. I have not had any bad experiences here since coming for the past few years so I am puzzled by some of the bad reviews. Mary and most of the staff I have met are very accommodating and always seem to help me out. They have a really nice indoor pool and hot tub. I was in the jacuzzi suites a couple of times and they are nice too. Breakfast in the morning is pretty good although I am more of an omlette guy. See you next time!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I came to get away and to rest and relax. I stayed 3 nights. The first night was good (Thursday), Friday and Saturday night were horrible. There were screaming kids and parents and kids were running everywhere unsupervised. The first night the front desk person talked to the parents the entire time and never asked them to be quiet. I complained the second night (I'm not a complainer) and the man at the front desk asked the parents and kids to be quiet afterwards. There was still lots of screaming, stomping, running, even kids pushing eachother into my door. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING DURING HOCKEY SEASON if you want rest and relaxation!!!

Besides the loudness the other thing I would say was there were lots of stains on the comforter and one of them is a blood stain. There are cob webs on the ceiling and the refridgerator does not work.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlton
20.4 km away
Park Point Marina Inn
#1 of 33 in Duluth
20.5 km away
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Carlton? Share your experiences!