“Amazing BBQ”

Add it.
NE BBQ & Smokehouse
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Cloquet
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Went here to eat for lunch one day because I had "heard" good things about it. I was not disappointed. Everything was great and the service was awesome, the waitress was a big help in choosing what to order. Ended up ordering something (although I cannot remember the name of it) but it had 3 meats and 2 entrees. The brisket was amazin' not dry at all, the chicken and ribs were phenomenal. Ended up with mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon and french fries. The order also came with "hush puppies" which were seasoned just right. The BBQ sauces provide a little bit of something for everyone (just wish they had them in the bottle to purchase). Will go here again.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon NE BBQ & Smokehouse back in June when we decided to take a day trip to the Duluth area, as we worked our way home we were trying to decide what we wanted to eat and we saw a billboard for this place and decided to check it out. I enjoyed a Cuban sandwich, one of the best I’ve ever had. My fiancé had the Classic Smokehouse salad with house made ranch, it was so good we’ve tried to recreate it at home. One of the owners was our server the night when we were in, she was sweet as pie and told us how they started the business, she even sent us home with a container of the ranch dressing. We dine out often and are always looking for places that aren’t big chains, we are big believers in supporting small business. NE BBQ & Smokehouse did not disappoint. Whenever we make it back to the Cloquet area we’ll go back!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick dinner on a Tues. Was a quiet night in the restaurant. We order 2 appetizers: Pig Poppers and Brisket Bites. We also tried a couple of the tap beers: Earth Rider Helles; and another I didn't remember the actual name, but taste like a Moscow mule. The brisket was tender and served on a sliced baguette style bread. A try of a selection of sauces were brought to the table. Several were spicy and I like the Memphis style best, slightly sweet and smokey. Poppers were good but a little spicier than I like. They were cream cheese filled and bacon wrapped. Could have been cooked longer so that both layers of bacon were cooked crisp. The blueberry sauce was good on them.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Disappointed ...as meat did not seem to be smoked..what method do you use to smoke the brisket, ribs, etc. Did not detect any dry rub either. If you smoke in house what type of smoker are you using? The building appears to have Apartments in the floors above.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Took my Dad out for memorial weekend dinner. Great Service, Host was friendly and accommodating to us. The food was excellent. The Ribs were dry rubbed and my Dad had extras to take home. The sauces were unique and flavorful. Sandwiches were meaty and delicious. A great choice to bring the group of us.

Been to NE BBQ & Smokehouse? Share your experiences!