“Nice quiet rooms with great breakfast and friendly staff!”

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cloquet
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cloquet
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Nice quiet rooms with great breakfast and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I've stayed here several times and have always been pleased. The staff greets you with a smile and are very helpful. They have several pool side rooms that are nice if you have kids. Cloquet is also a short drive from Duluth. A Perkins restaurant is just a few steps outside the door.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rockford, IL
Reviewed 15 July 2011

WOW, I was totally amazed by every single employee we encountered at the Americinn in Cloquet, MN. They all seemed like poster children for how employees should treat their customers. And the rooms are SO quiet and newly renovated and comfortable. The pool is indoor and has a small whirlpool and sauna. The kids loved it. Free breakfast with hot waffles is included with your stay. The only trouble we had was with our room key cards. They didn't work most of the time in the exterior door nor our room, and we had to get them rescanned at the front desk numerous times. But the desk is close, OR an employee witnessed the issue and offered to go and take care of it for us. Great service here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
SAINT PAUL
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We had a wonderful time at this hotel, and will definitely stay there again! We really wanted to stay in Duluth, but due to last minute reservations, everything was booked, so we stayed here. Glad we did! Very clean and spacious rooms. The pool area was great, and they have floaties and other things for the kids to play with! Very easy on/off access to the freeway. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2009

When we arrived at around 7:30PM the parking lot was filled with pickup/welding rigs owned by the pipeline workers who occupied most of the rooms. Many of these folks were standing around near the building , drinking and letting off steam. Gaining access to the building meant navigating around them. Noise died down as the evening progressed but management needs to do a better job managing the parking lot activity.

As far as the room…areas needed renovation, ( paint , sink faucet, etc.) Room cleanliness needs improvement as well. Carpet appeared to be newer but the room perimeter had not been vacuumed in awhile. Desktop, info binder and other areas were greasy. Comforter had a stain but other bedding and towels were clean. Dingy, was the overall impression.
This property is an Americinn but it did not exhibit any of the much hyped “quiet engineering” Americinn promotes. The motel shares a parking lot with an adjacent Perkins and outside noise awakened me more than once.
With tax I paid close to $100/night, too much for the lodging I received. Next time through the Cloquet area I’ll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Rogers, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Nice hotel-
We booked online so we did not know the pool and spa were closed for renovations.
Nice staff - Nice clean hotel. Nice size parking lot, good for parking boat,snowmobile trailers. The Perkins in the parking lot is also a nice perk.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cohasset
Reviewed 9 April 2008

Upon the arrival, I was very impressed. The desk clerk changed the room for me and my boys. She explained that I could have the one right by the vending machines or the handicapped one by the pool, but it didnt have a regular tub. We got the one right by the vending machines.
I forgot my conditioner, I asked if they had some, she wasnt share but went and looked, and came back with one, it cost a $1, but what the heck. The pool was perfect, we were not watched all the time either. The clerk was helpful when asked if there was a place the delivered, she told me and looked the number up. I placed my order, when the food came she came and got my boys and I. She also said that there was a place to eat.
It was very very very clean.

The breakfast was awesome, even down to the butter, it wasnt the kind of butter that you have to try to melt, it was in the bottle and just had to squezze. All the clerks, nights, morning, afternoons, where awesome. I will stay there again, next year for the wrestling meet. You couldnt ask for better service.

Stayed April 2008
Story City, Iowa
Reviewed 5 June 2007

My husband and I decided to take a little road trip North for the weekend. No destination in mind, just driving. We ended up in Cloquet Minnesota, we walked in a very busy inn with no reservations. The staff could not have been nicer. When the front desk clerk quoted $79.90 for the night, I jokingly replied that $50.90 would be better. I got that price! Fantastic! She was able to rent the one queen smoking that was left and I got just the room I was looking for.
The room itself was very, very clean, (having worked in the hospitality industry, I know where to look). You wouldn't know it was a smoking room, and the windows opened!! I love that!
The continental breakfast was about the same as every other, but the desk clerk made sure nothing ran low, even with a full house he was hoppin' and in good humor.
Not the most elegant of places to stay for sure, but if you ever want to feel welcome, comfortable and safe in Cloquet Minnesota, the AmericInn is where it's at.

• Liked — every staff member, from the desk clearks to housekeeping
  • Disliked — not a darn thing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloquet
18.5 km away
27.8 km away
Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
25.2 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Duluth

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cloquet? Share your experiences!