“Look elsewhere, there must be better choices in the Cloquet area”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cloquet
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cloquet
Reviewed 4 October 2009

When we arrived at around 7:30PM the parking lot was filled with pickup/welding rigs owned by the pipeline workers who occupied most of the rooms. Many of these folks were standing around near the building , drinking and letting off steam. Gaining access to the building meant navigating around them. Noise died down as the evening progressed but management needs to do a better job managing the parking lot activity.

As far as the room…areas needed renovation, ( paint , sink faucet, etc.) Room cleanliness needs improvement as well. Carpet appeared to be newer but the room perimeter had not been vacuumed in awhile. Desktop, info binder and other areas were greasy. Comforter had a stain but other bedding and towels were clean. Dingy, was the overall impression.
This property is an Americinn but it did not exhibit any of the much hyped “quiet engineering” Americinn promotes. The motel shares a parking lot with an adjacent Perkins and outside noise awakened me more than once.
With tax I paid close to $100/night, too much for the lodging I received. Next time through the Cloquet area I’ll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2008

Nice hotel-
We booked online so we did not know the pool and spa were closed for renovations.
Nice staff - Nice clean hotel. Nice size parking lot, good for parking boat,snowmobile trailers. The Perkins in the parking lot is also a nice perk.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 April 2008

Upon the arrival, I was very impressed. The desk clerk changed the room for me and my boys. She explained that I could have the one right by the vending machines or the handicapped one by the pool, but it didnt have a regular tub. We got the one right by the vending machines.
I forgot my conditioner, I asked if they had some, she wasnt share but went and looked, and came back with one, it cost a $1, but what the heck. The pool was perfect, we were not watched all the time either. The clerk was helpful when asked if there was a place the delivered, she told me and looked the number up. I placed my order, when the food came she came and got my boys and I. She also said that there was a place to eat.
It was very very very clean.

The breakfast was awesome, even down to the butter, it wasnt the kind of butter that you have to try to melt, it was in the bottle and just had to squezze. All the clerks, nights, morning, afternoons, where awesome. I will stay there again, next year for the wrestling meet. You couldnt ask for better service.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 5 June 2007

My husband and I decided to take a little road trip North for the weekend. No destination in mind, just driving. We ended up in Cloquet Minnesota, we walked in a very busy inn with no reservations. The staff could not have been nicer. When the front desk clerk quoted $79.90 for the night, I jokingly replied that $50.90 would be better. I got that price! Fantastic! She was able to rent the one queen smoking that was left and I got just the room I was looking for.
The room itself was very, very clean, (having worked in the hospitality industry, I know where to look). You wouldn't know it was a smoking room, and the windows opened!! I love that!
The continental breakfast was about the same as every other, but the desk clerk made sure nothing ran low, even with a full house he was hoppin' and in good humor.
Not the most elegant of places to stay for sure, but if you ever want to feel welcome, comfortable and safe in Cloquet Minnesota, the AmericInn is where it's at.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 May 2007

The Americinn of Cloquet was a great hotel! It was extremely clean, staff were curtious, and room was plenty big for a family of four. We had a two queen room. The pool area was a blast, also very clean. They had a medium sized pool, a nice sized hot tub, a sauna, and a few video games. The kids (aged 7 and 4) had hours of fun there. There is a restaurant directly across the parking lot, so that was nice for dinner. The continental breakfast was great- waffles, french toast, pancakes, rolls, muffins, toast, bagels, juice, and much more!! Overall, this hotel was a great value, yes, the walls are a bit thin, but that is about the only bad thing I can say about the place! We have stayed at bigger named hotels, like Hilton, Radisson, Hyatt, and this one was just as nice and half the price!! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank gbwafamily
A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 27 June 2006

The AmericInn in Cloquet was a very nice stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have a King Suite room that was a very nice room (It adjoined a room with two doubles - great for a family). The pool and hot tub where very nice, and the breakfast was adequate. Without hesitation we would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Chisholm
Reviewed 25 March 2006

Rooms are pricy for what you get. We stayed in a single queen room. Very, Very, small with not much room for anything. The walls are paper thin, you can hear pretty much everything that is going on in the hotel. Although the room was very clean, and the front desk was very helpful. This is the kind of hotel you stay at when you just need a place to sleep. Thats it.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cloquet? Share your experiences!