“No more sprouts? Sad :-(”
Review of Erbert & Gerberts

Erbert & Gerberts
Ranked #25 of 38 Restaurants in Cloquet
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

We remember Erberts and Gerbert’s back in the day. We were excited to stop, especially for the sprouts, but they no longer carried them. We ordered two sandwiches that were just kind of blah. But ended up costing $10/each after we added gluten free bread to both (1.99$/sandwich). Everyone there was super nice, so nothing against them. I just don’t think we need to go to another one ever again. We will savor the memories we used to have of the good oL days when you could get sprouts on your sandwich.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

E&Gs is a chain restaurant and you are more than likely to find a location in Duluth. But, the location in Cloquet is clean and well maintained. The sandwiches are made to order, yummy and the prices are right. This restaurant compares with Subway, but is better.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Tried Erb's and Gerb's numerous times of the years and there is a common theme. Somehow they always manage make a mistake on the order... Whether it's using the wrong type of bread, not adding extra condiments (that you pay for by the way) to getting the wrong sandwich completely. For that, I gave up on delivery years ago due to unreliability of it all. Now I have sworn them off completely when I saw the roast beef they use on their sandwiches is nothing but gristle. It's a shame, but at least at Subway I can watch them make my food...

1  Thank vacationdude2004
Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

This is not a local establishment- it's a chain with a franchise in Cloquet. Looks just like a Subway. I asked if the soup was made in-house and the young server said "no, it comes in a bag and we heat it up." How appetizing. The bread is indistinguishable from Subway- squishy and tasteless. Tunafish sand was just OK- I made it open-faced. Double roast beef was just OK and don't get the "double" meaning- it was an average serving for a sub. The wild rice chicken soup had a flour-taste, not a creamy taste. We travel through Cloquet when we go to our cabin and were seeking an alternative to Gordie's or Family Tradition Restaurant. Now we know that Erbert and Gerberts is not it.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I love the wild rice soup here! I have a lot of allergies and I was very impressed because they are so careful to make sure that my dining experience was safe. They even made my sandwich in the back. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Been to Erbert & Gerberts? Share your experiences!