“I'd love to try more”

Catalina's Restaurant
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I felt like checking out something new so took a chance on Catalina's. I had a quesadilla on the side- not the very best I've ever had, but I certainly enjoyed it. I also ordered the tortilla española. Now I lived in Spain, and I can safely say it wasn't like any tortilla I had there, but if you like eggs, it was very tasty. The chocoflan was fantastic. I'd never had flan with chocolate cake but our waitress recommended it and it is now a new fav. I really like the staff and hole in the wall feel. I will definitely try to get back there soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Delicious, fresh and inexpensive food. I regularly recommend them to people. We get takeout from here every couple of weeks, as we have a toddler and it's hard to eat out right now. I especially love their chile rellenos stuffed with cheese and their hand-made tortillas. My husband always gets their chicken enchiladas. My toddler especially loves their rice. They are always very friendly when we stop by.

Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

Great food and exceptional service. Loved the tacos. Fresh and satisfying. Can't wait to go back in the very near future. Great place for small groups and family friendly.

Reviewed June 12, 2015

Two fabulously roasted poblano peppers stuffed with chicken (my choice) and then covered in a delicate egg batter. It was delicious--not too spicy. It went great with some hibiscus tea (I think it was tea). Sweet, but good.
Super nice women run this place. Flowers everywhere. We weren't in a hurry and really enjoyed this restaurant. It's in a strip mall, and one could easily miss it or decide to eat somewhere else. Give it a try.

Reviewed June 7, 2015 via mobile

I went to this Latin American restaurant not knowing what to expect. I thought it could not be that good or just another south of the border impersonation. Walked in and it was a reminder of a small restaurant in Latin America. The waitress was very friendly and the place was spotless. The waitress allowed me to order bits and pieces from the menu. Ordered the Honduran chicken Tamales and the Casamiento. While waiting, the corn chips were delicious. When all the food arrived, my memories of real Honduran tamales were confirmed. They were wrapped in banana leaves and tied nicely with a small banana leaf string. The flavor was fantastic. The Casamiento was delicious. The salad was fresh. I was trasported back to Central America while enjoying the gifts from Catalina' kitchen. I will be back to experience all they have to offer. Can't wait to try the platano fritos, yuca con chicharon, orchata and the rest of the menu. Counting the hours until my next visit.