All reviews fairfield inn hard working staff housekeeping staff comfortable stay stayed one night room rate right next door the breakfast area complimentary breakfast hot tub business trip ymca passes pros cons cereal
Reviewed March 8, 2007

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn for two nights at the beginning of March, 2007. For the most part, this was an average hotel with average amenities.

The room was clean and seemed well-attended; however, I was on the first floor and could hear my upstairs neighbor walking around throughout the night. The walls seemed thin and if there were more guests staying there--or if I stayed on the weekend--I could imagine that things would get loud quickly.

There were very few bath products provided: only one bar of soap and one small container of shampoo, no lotion, no conditioner, no separate bath and facial shampoo. I only list this because I've stayed at Fairfield Inns before, and are used to more free bath products.
The free breakfast in the morning was below average, and didn't really have many items to choose from. I was able to find enough things to eat but my expectation staying at other Fairfield Inns led me to believe that there would be fresh fruit, make-your-own waffle, etc.
Though I didn't make use of the pool, I did take a peek and it looked very clean and nice. There was also a separate hot tub.
The few staff members I talked to were pleasant and seemed on top of things. I was there late at night and left early so I didn't have much interaction with them; however, my reservation was in order and everyone seemed quite professional.

All in all, I would probably stay here again if the price was right but wouldn't list it as the top Fairfield Inn I've every stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 4, 2005

We were very impressed with this hotel. Here's why:
- great location near shopping and restaurants
- not too far to get into Minneapolis
- nice pool
- good selection of continental breakfast foods
- fridge/microwave/coffee maker in room
- very quiet
- comfortable bed
- good-sized room
- lots of TV channels
- clean
- friendly staff (the housekeeping staff wrote a cheery note on the notepad each day!)

Only 2 negatives:

- We really noticed cigarette smoke in the hallway and it actually seeped quite badly into our room several times, despite being in the non-smoking part of the hotel. If you are sensitive to smoke, this would be a serious problem. We bought a plug-in air freshener and then it was okay for us.
- They're a bit skimpy on toiletries, just basic soap and shampoo, no conditioner or other extras.

But overall, we were very pleased. It's not the Ritz by a long shot, but we'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank tinylibrarian
Reviewed August 21, 2005

I booked this hotel on the day of arrival in the morning. I was told at the time of booking that there were 3 rooms available, 2 were nonsmoking. I specifically reserved a nonsmoking double room and was guaranteed that is what I would get. When I got to my room it reeked of cigarettes. I called the desk and was told that I had not reserved a nonsmoking room and that the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do except take 10% off my rate. I did find other accomodations several miles away and was able to leave without being charged. Apparently the person who took my reservation did not specify nonsmoking on my reservation even tho I had emphasized the necessity several times during our conversation.

• Stayed: July 2005