Showed up on a Saturday morning for breakfast:
What we liked:
1. Charming exterior and interior diner décor
2. We were greeted by the nicest smiling lady at the door
3. We like eating in a booth; there are lots of booths
4. We liked the long counter--true diner style
5. Clean restrooms (at least the women's room was clean)
6. Reasonable prices
7. No loud music to drown out conversation
8. The breakfast was delicious
What we didn't like:
1. No written menus. There is a cryptic sign above the diner counter with slangy names for different plates. You have to wait till your waiter has time to visit your table and stand there and interpret the slang for you. And you have to memorize what he said in order to submit your order.
2. We would have far preferred to have a simple printed menu to peruse at our own pace; not being able to peruse on our own was irksome. I don't want to spend the morning with my waiter getting a lesson in diner lingo. I just want breakfast and to be left alone to enjoy it. Don't misconstrue this frankness: Our waiter was wonderful, friendly and informative, but having the waiter get so involved and for so long at our table practically makes it a threesome.
3. Several of the breakfast orders had unique items in them such as jalapenos, etc. I don't remember which was which; again, the waiter rattled them all off. Few seemed appealing because of the funky additions.
Would we return? We both say no. NOTE: Delta Diner doesn't allow tipping. They add a 20% tip to all meal orders and distribute this surcharge among all employees, not just wait staff.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.