All reviews cheese fruit us feel at home b bs amazing house weekend stay retreat
Reviewed September 4, 2014

We had planned a short trip touring several Bed and Breakfasts but found the best and could not leave!
Our hosts, David and Jerry, orig. from California, have impeccable tastes, created an experience unsurpassed, great sense of humor and their warmth radiated throughout the Olcott "mansion". We experienced 2 of their Beautifully decorated suites and toured them all when guests checked out and there is not a bad one!
I slept the best in years as the beds are so comfortable and the property is so peaceful. One can see the owners love their home and running the BNB which can be a real challenge after being in the same business for years.
A huge thank you David and Jerry for making our stay the romantic highlight in many years. Your tips for touring and restaurants were appreciated. We really loved the breakfasts too.
See you soon we hope. Too bad we live so far away or we would stay often!

Room Tip: They are all excellent. Great pics to choose.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Olcott House! David was a warm and attentive host with lots of To Do/To Go suggestions, yet he didn't hover. Delicious breakfast. Clean, comfortable and extremely large suite. Great location. Just perfect!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taylorrae05
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We had never stayed at a b&b so decided to try one as a get away for our 30th anniversary. We let the owners know when we made the reservation that we were celebrating a special occasion. We were met by david who promptly checked us in. We discovered we would be the only guests for the evening. We didn't see either of the owners again until morning. But we heard them well into the night. I think their office must be above the suite we stayed in. Sounded like office chairs rolling around. The home is beautiful, and we spent time exploring the common areas. I would have liked to see the other rooms, to see the restorations. We asked david about the house at breakfast and he took pride in sharing info on the place. You could tell he loves the place. Breakfast was ok, but not enough to fill us up. David disappeared as soon as he cleared the table. We never saw him again. Dont know why they asked in the reservation if we were there for a special occasion. David didn't even wish us a happy anniversary. We expect the cold and indifferent treatment at a hotel, but have heard others rave about the b&b experience. May try a b&b again, but not this one.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly O
Reviewed July 8, 2014

So my sister calls me in Miami from Minnesota, and tells me winter is over ! Well I hope so, after all, it is May. She persuades me to fly up and meet her at "The Olcott House" in Duluth. I've been in Duluth before, but never stayed at such a Phenomenal place ! Everything about this B&B is Perfect. The property itself is like a step back to the grandness of the turn of the century, except with all the modern features of today. The owners/In keepers, David and Jerry did Everything for us from check in-to check out. They even gave us some great leads on interesting attactions and places to dine in and around the town. My room had a beautiful fireplace(that I used)and a three season porch, where we played board games we found in the Olcott's library. I have stayed in Allot of B&B's all over the country, but the Olcott House is most definitely at the Top of the list. Next time Sis, we stay for the week.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Olcott Suite. It was Perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Olcutt House has the kind of charm I didn't know still existed. I was at ease the moment I walked through the front door. David, you have built a beautiful and peaceful place. I will return. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo