“Excellent place for lunch!”
Review of OMC Smokehouse

OMC Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 284 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I'm never in that part of town, so I had no idea that this place existed. I am so glad I know about it now because I will definitely be back. We were there for lunch on a busy Saturday and still managed to get seated right away. They have a great selection of local craft beer (Bent Paddle, Castle Danger, Lake Superior Brewing, etc.) as well as a decent wine selection. The menu is a good size and has something for everyone - pork, beef, chicken, even some fish. I highly recommend the duck fat fries with malt vinegar aioli. I could've made a meal from those alone!! I got the Bama brisket wrap and it was huge, combined with the duck fat fries, I wound up bringing half of it home with me! My husband got the bbq salmon with cole slaw and mac and cheese. His meal was pricier than mine, as you would expect, but we both agreed it was worth it. There were a couple gluten free options on the menu as well - two salad selections as well as most sides.

The service was great. The restaurant is a little on the small(ish) side, but there is outdoor seating as well. Carry out is available, as well as delivery through the Food Dudes if you don't feel like leaving your house.

I'm really looking forward to going back - there are so many menu options that I would like to try! I highly recommend this place for all things bbq.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

This food was AMAZING! If you're in West Duluth, this is a must stop. Even the side salad was delicious. The outdoor patio looks super fun to chill out on. This restaurant is a step in the right direction of developing this downtown scene, and I felt like I was at a restaurant in Uptown Minneapolis. Oh, and upgrade to the duck fat fries! You won't regret it.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I adoreeeed this place! Near Bent Paddle brewing and frost river, a great place for dinner or take-out and sit outside at one of their picnic tables! All the sauces were unique but all excellent, and the mac and cheese was so yummy! I ordered the Nashville hot chicken and the name doesn't lie, so not for the faint of heart! But still excellent. BF loved the Korean chicken wrap and we both inhaled the blue cheese potato salad!! Haven't had that great of potato salad in years. Wonderful drinks (beermosa & red-eye beer) to complete our Sunday brunch :)
We really enjoyed this place and I'm guessing it'll be come a standard must-do in Duluth. It was busy, so expect a wait on weekends! Enjoy!!! (If you're so inclined, order takeout directly to Bent Paddle brewing a block away and they'll deliver super quickly as well :) !

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I had the brisket. It was very tender and tasty. $15 for a slice and a half of brisket (not an exaggeration) is insane though. This is Duluth, not downtown Chicago. If the prices were in line with what they should be I would eat here again, but otherwise no.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

The brisket sandwich was very tasty along with the cole draw. The ribs were very tender and flavorful but not impressed with the chicken. Service was good (this was during lunch).

Been to OMC Smokehouse? Share your experiences!