All reviews very nice hotel king suite lift bridge room was clean canal park waffles great location fridge lobby
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t believe this was a Fairfield. I stayed here a couple weeks after the hotel formally opened. I could smell the fresh paint and carpet.

The pool was spacious but was missing a hot tub or sauna.

The fitness room was great.

The breakfast spread was impressive for a limited service property, alrhough the coffee was cold and not fresh. An espresso machine would be nice.

My room was clean and in perfect consition, although somewhat poorly designed because there were no electrical or USB outlets by the bed. Also, none of my special requests (extra pillows or extra towels) were fulfilled.

No complimentary newspapers were available. Would it really hurt the hotel to have 2-3 copies of the local newspapers in the lobby or breakfast area?

Also, I received zero recognition nor thanks for staying. I’m a Marriott platinum premier and expected at least a thanks if not a recognition of my status. I had to remind the front desk attendant of my elite benefits because she didn’t offer them.

All things considered, this is the best choice for a Duluth waterfront/harbor hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank planetraincar
Fairfield_Inn_Duluth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing more about your experience with us. I have let our team know about the welcome for Marriott rewards members. We have added local newspapers in our market and front desk area.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

How nice to stay in such a new hotel! Great location....close to Canal Park. Super clean rooms and very helpful staff. A good complimentary breakfast as well. The rooms are very, very quiet. We did use the gym and the pool....again top notch.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the boats.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear staff was helpful.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is just 2 weeks old...so nice, clean, modern. Big bathroom with lots of counter space, microwave, fridge, coffee maker in rooms. There’s a mini market and a warm indoor pool. The location is amazing, only blocks away from aerial bridge, museum and lots of restaurants. Our view was of the marina, water, downtown and the bridge. The staff we met were all friendly and helpful. Wish we had more time here...it’s fun just looking out of their huge windows, but get out and walk around the fun area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank victoryah

Thank you for letting us know you had an amazing stay. I will be sure to let the staff know that you found them friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Brand new Marriott across the bridge by about 5 blocks or so.... wonderful view of the boats and bridge.
Hotel has that new smell, rooms are stocked with mini fridge and microwave.
Would stay there again, everyone was very helpful...

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience here with us. I'm glad you found everyone very helpful during your stay.