“Good”

Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh American cuisine featuring classic comfort foods with a contemporary touch, local beer, extensive wine and whiskey menus, handcrafted cocktails, and the best fries in town. Serving weekend brunch 10am-3pm, featuring gourmet twists on breakfast classics. Lunch from 11am-4pm Monday through Friday, dinner from 4pm-10pm Monday through Thursday and from 4pm-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Excellent angus burger, decent fries, very good coconut curry (available w/ tofu, slightly blackened shrimp, or choice of meats), the mac cheese is disappointing; very dry. Not much on ambiance (downstairs better than upstairs) or comfortable furniture, staff is very nice.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

This is more of a hip place to go to. The food is excellent, the drink menu is very plentiful and the service is great. The New York Strip plate is excellent. The cut of meat is excellent with great flavor. The atmosphere is very good with a lot of options nearby if you don't want your nightlife to end. This part of downtown is becoming quite a treat!

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Hip space, interesting menu selections, super nice staff. Bison burger might have been great, but I ordered medium and got rare (couldn't send back as it was take-out). Nice brioche bun, and caramelized onions are always good. Skin-on fries are decent, though I prefer thicker cut as they stay warm longer. Grilled romaine salad is creative - love seeing different preparations at restaurants. Would definitely try again here.

Sara R, General Manager at Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your food and will be coming back. We would love to make the undercooked burger up to you. Please contact me directly at sara@zeitgeistarts.com and I would be happy to send you a gift card to use toward your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Really sweet little restaurant, attached to a theatre. Our 6 1/2 year old ordered the mac and cheese with broccoli and we couldn't stop eating off her plate! We got her to try the gouda stuffed and bacon wrapped dates, which were yummy. And I had the living green bowl with seared tuna, which was delicious. Great ambiance and service to go with the great food. We will go back next time in Duluth.

Sara R, General Manager at Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Thank you for making Zeitgeist a part of your Duluth visit. We are so glad you and your granddaughter enjoyed your experience and your food. The mac & cheese also comes with bacon if you would like so it might be something for you to try on your next visit.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I thought the place was going to be pricey and the food over rated. Shocker, the prices were reasonable and the food amazingly delicious. I had the Green Living Rice Bowl. What an amazing flavors. It was like an exotic blend of various ingredients that just complimented each other without overpowering any of the flavors. I order mine with shrimp and believe me I had to keep myself from ordering a second plate it was that good. The portions were generous and the staff was great.
I also order fries. So good but so much couldn’t eat it all.

Sara R, General Manager at Zeitgeist Arts Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We do our best to accommodate a vast array of budgets by offering anything from an $8 sandwich to a $27 New York Strip Steak. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Been to Zeitgeist Arts Cafe? Share your experiences!