All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtmarriott propertiesfire pitbedroom suitecanal parkgreat hotelfree breakfastminute driveworkout roomwafflesfront desk staffstaff was friendly and helpfulup to daterooms are greatsitting areafitness center
Reviewed April 9, 2018

We enjoyed our 2 bedroom suite. We had two teenagers (of opposite sex) plus two adults. It was great that we had 2 bathrooms along with a kitchenette, and small living room w/sofa sleeper. They are able to pick up groceries for you if needed. The breakfast was really good tasting and had a nice variety of items both hot and cold.

Stayed: March 2018
Ruth H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Wonderful to hear! We LOVE that we can offer these options to travelers with all sorts of combinations of people :)
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Everything is thought of. All is clean and bright. Comfortable bed; immaculate room. Kitchen, sitting area, desk. Roomy and tasteful at a fair price. It’s pampering, really. Tasty full breakfast. Convenient location. Well done.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Ruth H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed January 21, 2018

I spent 9 nights here while my husband was in the hospital. My 12 year old puppy was with me. I had a studio room which was large and comfortable. The room had everything I needed to cook and Cub grocery was almost next door. The breakfasts are excellent - much better than other hotels. The receptions on Monday, Tuesday and Wed evenings provided enough food for a meal. The staff was so helpful and understanding. I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pip18Wisconsin
ResidenceInnDth, General Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Thank you so much for the review!

Although the reason for your visit may not have been ideal, we're very pleased to have been able to serve you while in town. We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us and we'll make sure to pass along your kind regards to our team.

If you happen to be in town again, we'd love the opportunity to provide you with another great experience. Until then, best wishes to you and your family!

Reviewed January 19, 2018

At first I was a little ticked about this place, as Marriott lists this as a Category 6, and I ended up using 35,000 points to stay here. Given that I had so many points, I should not complain, but still I can stay elsewhere 3 nights for what it costs here. So I suggest to you folks, pay for the room, and save your MR points for elsewhere.

All that being said, this is a great place to stay for the night or a few days. You are very close to many shops, a mall, the Duluth Airport (DLH) and even a small casino is right down the hill, and a couple of hospitals (that might be needed if you slip down the hill). There's also a KwikTrip a block away, for stocking the kitchenette. But, its a quiet place to stay, even though the road is right in front of the hotel. I've stayed elsewhere in the area, and found road noise to be the number one problem towards getting a decent nights sleep. Staying here is exceptional, and a welcome place to go for a road weary traveler to freshen up before continuing on to meet family, or continue on towards Canada, or wherever you happen to be. Its also good for living here, as the kitchens are well stocked and the room is quite spacious.

I enjoyed the hot tub, which is why I picked this place. They fixed the hot tubs impeller while I was there, so you should have a nicer experience than I did. The breakfast in the morning was great, with waffles (a $7 value at most restaurants) and fresh eggs, bacon, etc. I really enjoyed the chicken, salad and bread sticks meal we had, WITH drinks at night. So its worth it to spend a few extra dollars over places down at the bottom of the hill. I enjoyed the ambiance of the fireplace in the lobby, and if it had not be -30 outside with a windchill of -60, I might have gotten to shoot a few hoops in the basketball court outside. I have no complaints, other than the Category 6 rating.

Room Tip: High Rooms are preferred, unless you have kids with sports equipment to carry..
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the review!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us and fellow travelers. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities we have to offer; as well as found comfort in the quiet environment.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2018

We had a reservation and arrived to check in after freezing our toe on the shore watching birds. We were offered an upgrade to a suite with a fireplace. That was super sweet! Pretty view, warm fire, warm, pretty girl...it was comfortable and clean, and we slept like a couple of rocks on a great bed.
The next morning we went to complimentary breakfast and had great stuff. Eggs and toast and waffles and juices and coffee. Very nicely done.

Room Tip: You're not going to see the lake. Choose something where you will not hear the road.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review — we very much appreciate it!

We're bummed to hear about your run in with the cold, however, we're very happy to hear that our accommodations could help.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in town!