All reviews stainless steel parking ramp sky walk canal park pool area would stay here again convention center hot tub nice stay stayed one night rooms are clean shuttle service bed was comfortable nice room staff was very friendly and helpful floor room lift bridge
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Decent Hotel in a great location. Parts of the room were dated but its walking distance to many bars and entertainment. Beds were very comfortable and staff were very helpful. My only complaint would be that the parking ramp can be very confusing because some times you need to drive on the wrong side of the road. but other than that it was a very good stay!

Room tip: walking distance to ( just a couple blocks) to many bars and night life
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gerry_Goldfarb, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Kent B, Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We appreciate the nice comments and feedback. We do love our location which is close to many of the bars and restaurants downtown in Duluth and sky-walk to the canal park area. We are currently renovating our restaurant which will open later this fall with a new concept and menu so you'll have to come back and see it! I apologize for the confusing parking ramp which is set-up the way it is because our entrance is off of First Street which is a one-way street. To avoid cross-over at the entrance the building architects designed our ramp to allow guests to enter on the left and cars exiting onto first street on the right side. I hope that makes sense as it avoids cross-over for cars coming and going. So sorry for the confusion but that is why it's confusing. Thanks again for the feedback and kind comments!

Gerry Goldfarb
Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Room was ok overlooking indoor pool. No window to outside which I didnt like. Service was ok at front desk. Didn't eat here. Parking was nice. Lots of spots to visit around hotel for eating and drinking.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Twinsguy, Thanks for staying with us while in Duluth. Thank you also for the review as we do appreciate the feedback and comments and strive to improve wherever we can. We are happy you liked our parking ramp and location. Thanks again.

Gerry Goldfarb
Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth

Reviewed July 15, 2017

Stayed here for just one night but it was a pleasant night stay. I can't remember the name of the gentlemen that checked us in but he gave us $10 worth of free drinks at the bar downstairs along with a complimentary drink for myself as a IHG member. It was a very quite night stay on the top floor with no disturbances or noises that I could hear. I wished we would have had more time to explore the area because there seemed to be a lot to do. I would definitely stay here again and the only negative I have is that they don't have a continental breakfast, however, if you are heading up the coast stop in Two Harbors, MN at the Vanilla Bean and you will have more breakfast than you can eat.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2017

We love coming back up to Duluth for the summer and was pleased again! They had sidewalk days taking place downtown so it even made it more fun as they blocked off like 5 blocks and had food and retail vendors on the street. The weather turned out perfect for walking. We did our usual Vista Fleet boat ride and went to Glensheen too! Both great so try those! The hotel was great again and they did more new stuff at the hotel; the elevators were so much faster than our last stay, they finished all three elevators from their improvement project they were working on during our last stay; their restaurant is closed and we were told will be reopening this fall with a new concept and new name, very excited to see what will be coming. Service was excellent as usual, very friendly front desk staff and we enjoyed their market in the lobby for purchasing lemonade and ice cream after a long day out in the sun. All in all a great stay again and one more thing that was new is on level 1 of the hotel complex something new was Visit Duluth (Convention and Visitors bureau) has their offices located in the Holiday Center complex below the hotel; they had all the travel and attraction guides you would ever need. I didn't realize Duluth had so many things to do! Nice that this is now here below the Holiday Inn and located near the indoor skywalk system that Duluth has. All in all a great stay in Duluth and now we have to go home.

Room tip: Free parking which is nice and its a ramp so its covered parking. Front desk gives you ticket to get in and out.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

My family were on vacation and stopped in Duluth for the night. The room was booked through Hotwire.com for a reasonable price. The hotel is located in the heart of Duluth and is in walking distance of some eateries. The front lobby has some concessions full of snacks and other amenities if you need something. Our room was very clean with a nice view, bathroom, and beds. There are two pools located in the hotel-- we went to the one on the third floor. The third floor also has an arcade area and a splash pool for kids. The fitness centre is located next to the pool. It was a rainy day when I stayed at the hotel, so the heated pool felt very nice. I like visiting Duluth, so I'll definitely look into booking here again in the future.

Date of stay: June 2017