All reviews no elevator room was clean nice view of lake older hotel lake walk would stay again the breakfast area hard boiled eggs yogurt checking out north shore easy access convenient location continental breakfast nice stay lake superior desk
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

After a horrible experience at another local hotel , I transferred to the Days Inn Lakewalk , and was certainly glad that I did.
It met all of my expectations and suited me just fine. It’s a lovely property located just in the fringe of downtown and near the fun east end of town , with various good restaurants and bars near by. The hotel itself is set in a hillside location tucked up and off the major thoroughfare. I had a limited view room on the back side , but it was a clean, comfortable, spacious room. Even though it was s second floor room , I was still able to park right outside my room , due to the unique scalloped design of this property.
I had my dog along on this trip , and as a pet friendly hotel , they made us feel welcome. There is a medium sized green space in the side of the hotel, totally sufficient for a simple release.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JMChep
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Pre booked room and room was ready when we arrived mid afternoon for a one night stay on our way to Canada. Our room was third floor which included two fights of stairs. No elevators available. If you can't do stairs, pre book first floor. We are able to manage and took the room feeling less fortunate people should get first floor. Room was clean and quite throughout the night. Our AC was loud but worked. Would have been an issue if we were staying longer. Breakfast was adequate not the best but average. We walked in the morning down the bridge to the lake and soaked our feet in the cold water. Kids enjoyed it of course. Probably took 10 min to get there as route not direct. Plenty of food choice close and 10 min drive to the lift bridge and other attractions. Affordable! We will stay again on our next time through.

Room Tip: Be aware no elevators In this hotel
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed July 15, 2018

I stay here multiple times a year and each time realize it is a basic motel that does a very good job. The location is fine for tourist fun, medical visits, town trip for errands. The breakfast is well laid out with ALL the usual options for food to start the day. I appreciate the hard boiled eggs, the yogurt, even a microwave egg option with some salsa. The room is in good condition, the wireless has good speed. I do like this place. The parking can be tricky for overlarge vehicle; park in the front of building for 1st floor rooms and in the back for 2nd floor.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank PMA6642
Reviewed July 13, 2018

we got there about 2 pm our room was ready,very nice large room,a soft bed and and extra chair and a coffee table,we could see part of the lake from our room,it was really nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Robert U
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Came into town on Thursday and they never cancelled by request from the Weds night stay. Already started bad...no elevators, no pool and they had chairs/tables all throughout the hotel. We had to have the sheets cleans immediately because of possible bites. The breakfast was terrible and it was ever cleaned up afterwards. I came down to have a cup of coffee and the breakfast area was not clean and a mess. We would have stayed elsewhere but the whole city was booked. No choice but to stay. For the price that Days Inn was asking, it could have been much better.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, not worth the price or service
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple