“Great Food, Cool Building; Oh - and Excellent Beer, too!”

Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille
Ranked #8 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We passed through Duluth this past Friday around lunch time, and stopped into Fitger's for lunch. We liked it so much, we ate there again for Monday lunch on our way back through. They have many interesting burgers served on whole grain buns, also a variety of vegetarian options, like a black bean burrito and their own wild rice burger. The staff is sincerely friendly and attentive - our server actually remembered us by Friday's beverage order when we came back on Monday. The Fitger's Brewery building is a great piece of historic architecture, and still contains an historic hotel along with the brew pub, other restaurants, and many very cool shops, including a Benetton - a rare find in the Upper Midwest these days.

There are newer reviews for Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille

Reviewed 4 February 2012

With UnkleTomas's (see review below) advice I ordered the fish tacos, $10.99. They tasted like nothing. My order came with 6 equally tastless onion rings for an extra $1.50. Perhaps UnkleTomas put some ranch dressing on them to add some flavor. Daugher had sausage-corn chowder. It tasted like creamed corn, the sausage was tasteless. Wife and son had hamburgers for $9.99. Both thought the burgers were average with kind of an old taste. They had cokes for $2.75. Daughter had a rootbeer, 10 ounce, also for $2.75. I had a wheat wine, 10 ounce, for $4.75. It was ok, kind of tasted like whiskey. Pretty potent too. Also had a 10 ounce ale for $3.75. The ale was good. The waitress brought me a sample of Frambois, costs 10 bucks for a 10 ounce glass. I have had Frambois before; this was not the best. Save your money. The waitress was competent, pleasant, and speedy. The brewhouse has a nice setting but the food was nothing special. Just another blah restaurant in Duluth. The sales tax is over 10% in Duluth.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

So many bars seem like they get their menus from the same vendor. This is not the case here. The wild rice burgers satisfied my inner carnivore. Many other house made (or at least seemingly so) items were had by our group- all were great. Friendly service and a great, authentic atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We arrived on a Sat. night for dinner and had to wait 30 to 40 minutes. We were told to go across the hallway to the bar with their beers on tap for happy hour prices and specials on selected martinis that you even get to keep the shakers to finish off!! YUM!!!!!!!! It took us over an hour to get a table for 3 in for dinner. The only problem was that you cannot take the martinis across the hallway to the restaurant to have with dinner. We had just ordered a new one and had to send my pregnant daughter in to save the table while we drank the martinis! If we had known that we would have ordered a beer instead! We survived. The food is very good and the service was great! We went home with 2 growlers full of beer also! I always get a sampler just to make sure I know which one to take home!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Always great microbrews. Great vegetarian menu items, great sandwiches and burgers and desserts that you can't keep your wife's fork out of. My favorite is the bean burrito with fresh tuna.