“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018

If I'm in the area I try to stop here. The menu is ever changing and always, always delicious food. Go - do not miss out!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I understand a popular destination having a seating wait, but after I am seated, I would expect the service to be somewhat less aggravating. Seemed very understaffed, with appetizer taking nearly an hour, and over 30 minutes for a drink order. The food was all excellent, but by the time it was received at the table the frustration level had reached the point that any enjoyment of the meal was largely soured. I know the staff has little control over the patrons, but PLEASE, after children have been careening off our table, galloping up and down the dining area, crying and adding to the stress of the wait, the staff should inform parents that this is not McDonalds play place. All we wanted to do was leave. The low light of our otherwise exceptional trip to Duluth.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We previously lived in Duluth. The New Scenic Cafe was our favorite then and still is. The view of the Lake is beautiful, especially on a sunny day. The wait staff is knowledgeable and efficient (don't be in a rush - it's time to relax and enjoy). This last stop we both had "sandwiches". My husband had the burger and fries. He said it was excellent, and I can attest that the fries were very good. I had the special sashimi tuna tacos, which were very good. They were made in fried won ton skins and had avocado as well. The accompanying salad was a Thai slaw with a peanut dressing. It was delicious! Since I wasn't completely stuffed after dinner, I had the gjetost creme brule. Yum! It's well worth the drive for a special gourmet lunch or dinner!

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the end of our scenic drive up the coast of the North Shore. Despite the fact that the restaurant was closing in 15 minutes, they assured us that we were fine.
The service was exceptional and the food fabulous. We had the special, Ahi tuna tacos and Sea Bass. The presentation and quality of both were excellent.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

We had just arrived in Duluth and were in search of place to have dinner. Most of the restaurants were average at best from the reviews. We stumbled on this little restaurant about 20 minutes north of the city. We had called to see if they had seating available since it was a Thursday night and didn't want to drive all that way for a wait. The receptionist said that they were not very busy. We knew that our evening would be a hit from the time we approached the little restaurant. The place was quaint and had a lovely outdoor waiting area with a fire ring for guest to wait at, the parking lots was full and we worried that there would be a wait. Our hostess was quite accommodating and seated us within 15min. The food was fabulous, each dish used the freshest ingredients and was quite imaginative. One of the dishes that stands out was the appetizer of curried mussels, the sauce was sopped up with every morsel of bread by my two teenagers. Dessert was also a hit, a Berry Pie with a scoop of housemade ice cream. Each entree looked like a work of art with it's presentation. Our server was outstanding and accommodated to our needs. The ambiance was spot on and made for a memorable evening in the north woods.

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!