“The best hash browns I've ever tasted!”
Review of UNCLE Louis Cafe

UNCLE Louis Cafe
Ranked #7 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 13, 2017

We were not sure if we should try this place. Boy am I glad we did! The people were super friendly, the service was fast and the food was really fantastic. We all agreed that the hash browns, which we ordered extra crispy, were amazing. I should have ordered a whole plate full of them. My French toast was also quite wonderful. Our server and one of the cooks gave us a lot of great local touring advice. If we ever visit Duluth again, I'm going back here for breakfast!

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

We were staying in Canal Park and decided to try somewhere new for breakfast. Our Google directions led us straight up Lake Street all the way uphill to 4th and to Uncle Louis Cafe. And you know what? It was totally worth it.

For those of you who think, ehh, breakfast is breakfast, you obviously haven't tried their home made syrup. Your choice of maple, blueberry or cinnamon - all on fresh homemade pancakes or French toast. I love that they leave it right there on the table so you can add a second drizzle...or a third!

But the rest is there too; eggs Benedict (or any way you want them), bacon, sausage and hash browns. So good and so reasonable. My husband's and my breakfast was $20.19 before tip.

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent price. Now THAT'S worth walking uphill for!

Reviewed September 7, 2017

This place has great food. Some of the old recipes that remind you of when Louis' Café was still around. Great attitude rules among all the employees. Food has great flavor without being fussy. Relax, hang out and beware of long lines on weekends!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

What a great little place! Great local café. Fast service. Friendly, attentive staff. GREAT food at a great value.
This is a no frills place, but a "must see" if you visit Duluth.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I tried this while in town today. She loved her hash browns, toast and bacon. I had the Everything Omelette. Really good. By the way, choose English Muffin as your choice of bread. It is actually like homemade bread; delicious. Good service, and it feels like an old diner.

Been to UNCLE Louis Cafe? Share your experiences!