“A nice visit with our grandsons”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 291 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Homemade sauce with secret spices. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese. The sounds of crisp crust being cut into perfectly sized squares. That's what you'll find in the kitchen at Sammy's Pizza in Woodland.
Reviewed September 5, 2016

The Woodland Avenue Sammy's is in a rectangular store front with windows along the front wall. The counter and restrooms are to the left. To the right are two rows of booths and tables divided by a half wall.

We were greeted and seated politely and quickly. Our drinks were brought promptly. My wife, son, and grandsons ordered a small pepperoni pizza and a small sausage pizza. I had a cheeseburger with Canadian bacon on it with fries. The pizzas are served thin with a very good cheese and mild sauce. My hamburger and fries were very good.

One of my grandsons spilled his drink. Our waitress brought him another and cleaned the table promptly.

The staff at this Sammy's and the staff at the Lakeside Sammy's have always been friendly.

Each Sammy's is owned by a different member of the same family. Menu items other than pizza differ. Woodland Sammy's serves hamburgers - not found at Lakeside Sammy's. Lakeside Sammy's serves calzones - not found at Woodland Sammy's.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed April 5, 2016

Sammys pizza is great for eating in and also for delivery! It has a wide range of pizza choices plus build your own! It also has a great lunch buffet, with alot to offer! Alot of people say it is the best pizza in town. Sometimes a little more expensive but so worth it!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed October 27, 2015

Great place to either eat in or take out friendly and the best pizza you would ever want to eat, Always busy the reason is the food is great.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

Their pizza, chicken, and spaghetti are my favorite! Always great food and they deliver to my house. I have that used to live in MN but moved down to Kansas several years ago. Every time they come up to visit we order Sammys : )

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just love this place. Homemade Sausage, the premium toppings. The cracker thin crust... To me the best pizza here is a 16 inch pepperoni and sausage with extra sauce. I could drink it out of a cup. Great people and great service...

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank 129,921

Been to Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant? Share your experiences!