Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$96
US$89
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$209
All reviewsclub levelfront deskparking garagewedding partycanal parkstarbucks coffeelake viewnice hotelsuperior streethotel shuttlecorner suitewalking distancebusiness tripdowntown locationshuttle servicewalk in showerbeautiful room
Reviewed May 26, 2018

I picked this hotel because I had not been to Duluth before and wanted an in town location. That said I was just passing through Duluth. Hotel is in an old building similar to others you find in port towns that grew up about 100 years ago. Lobby felt small however there was a nice bar area in it. Carpet in the elevator and hallways probably have seen their best days. That said the room was nice. French doors into the bathroom with a walk in shower which I much prefer over a tub/shower combo. Overall everything in the room felt new and appeared to be designed to reflect the era of the building. Found parking a bit confusing but a quick call to the front desk got me where I needed to go. I would stay here again due to the location but if I was just passing through I might look for a cheaper option.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Lauren R, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the decor in the hotel. We are sorry to hear that you were frustrated by the parking, we agree, there is a bit of a walk to get to our hotel from the parking ramp. We are happy our front desk staff was able to help you understand this pathway.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Worst customer service I have EVER received. My family was staying on the 6th floor, we are SPG Platinum Members and that is the club level where the breakfast that’s included in your stay is served. We were on the elevator and it banged and bumped and then dropped one floor. We were all scarred but my son was traumatized by the event. We pushed the call button and a loud message played stating where we were and which elevator car we were in and about 30 seconds later a person came on the speaker asking questions including if we were “at the Hampton Inn”. I told them no that we were at the Sheraton. That person appeared to be very disconnected so we called 911 for assistance. After respectively hitting the door open button it slid open between floors and we exited. We walked down the stairs to the first floor Carrington all of our bags and the door at the bottom said “Alarm Will Sound” but we had no option so we exited but no alarm sounded (wow more mechanical problems ). Now we found ourselves on the side and had to carry our bags around the block to the front of the hotel. We spoke to the hotel manager Madeline. We informed her as to what happened and then she was engaged with a young front desk clerk named Tiffany speaking about the elevator as if we were no longer present but we were right in front of her. Then we asked to be moved to a room on the lowest floor. She said she could get us into a room on the second floor which we accepted. Then she asked what else she could do for us and we mentioned that our son was scared and not willing to ride the elevator again so we would appreciate having our breakfast either by room service or in the first floor restraint rather than going to the 6th floor club room. Madeline said there was nothing she could do about the breakfast and that we could TAKE THE STAIRS TO THE 6th FLOOR. We were shocked but she was serious. We told her that was ridiculous and asked how we could get to the 2nd floor room without exiting the building. She did NOT offer to have our bags moved to the room. Rather she lead us (while we carried our bags) to an internal star access. This was crazy poor service for anyone but for people that stay 70+ nights per year at their properties it’s appalling!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We are so sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience with us. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your stay in an effort to prevent this from occurring in the future. When there is a time that is convenient to you, I would truly appreciate you reaching out to me.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, while it isn't always easy to hear, it is the only way we will improve.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

Unfortunately, we never had the opportunity to stay at this hotel, as they cancelled our room before we checked-in. My husband and I had planned a couples' getaway to celebrate the end of a long tax season. We took the day off of work, drove 2 1/2 hours, tried to check-in (after having a confirmed room with confirmation number) and were told that they had given up our room to other people (and, no, they didn't have a remedy/solution for us). Had they admitted fault and helped up through this unexpected situation, I would not be writing this review, as I understand emergencies happen. Unfortunately, they never once admitted fault for being the ones to make the decision to overbook and displace guests with reserved rooms (we were one of several guests who were displaced this day). They said that because we booked through a 3rd party website (hotels.com), they could and would not help us. They promised they had already called hotels.com and were surprised we had not heard from hotels.com earlier in the day. To our surprise, when we called hotels.com, they had not heard from the Sheraton and still had our room listed as confirmed. When we returned to the Sheraton to address this with them, they said there was absolutely nothing they could do; however, they said as of about an hour prior, there were rooms available at at least 4 different hotels, so they figured we would be able to find something. This made me wonder why they didn't put the extra guests at those other, open hotels rather than displacing their previously confirmed guests. After spending 2 hours in Duluth trying to remedy this situation, we ended up heading home with no weekend getaway for us, thanks to this hotel. We are people who typically stay at Hilton properties, and after this, we will definitely be heading back to the Hilton hotels, as it is absolutely inexcusable to cancel an entire weekend's reservation, ruining a vacation.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lauren R, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Good afternoon Erin,

Again, as we stated while you were here, we are sorry that the communication did not happen as we were promised by Hotel.com. We have requested a written apology from Hotels.com and will be happy to share that with you as well. Unfortunately, the only contact information we had for you was an address for Bellevue, WA – which we know is the address for their corporate office.

We’ve made true our promise of creating a Starwood Preferred Guest account and added SPG points to your account. In addition, as stated that day, we are sending a gift certificate for you to stay with us in the future. We know this was a frustrating situation and we are truly sorry.

We certainly hope we have an opportunity to work directly with you in the future and earn your future business.

Lauren

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Stayed in room on club floor with great view of harbor. Room had some kind of black stain across them. Luckily housekeeping was in hallway and immediately changed them without issue. Club room had really good food, just no condiments for most items. Didn't use pool, exercise room, bar or restaurant. Is on busy street near hospital, so can be loud. Only a few nice places within walking distance. Wedding party stumbling off elevator late at night-not much to do about that tho.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry about the initial appearance of your room, but we're glad to see it was resolved quickly.

We agree, there are some nice places within walking distance of our hotel, but don't forget we have a shuttle that will bring you anywhere you would like to go within a six mile radius!!

Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again next time you are in Duluth.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Stayed here for a wedding. We got a club level room for a very reasonable price. Our club level room was actually cheaper than the standard rooms that were part of the wedding block. The amenities were above average and the room was one of the more comfortable that I have stayed in. The club level lounge was probably the highlight of my stay. Being able to have a space like that with those extras, it is something I cannot say enough nice things about. Stupid little things like being able to walk around the corner at 1am in my pajamas to grab a cold Coke and some cereal, little things like that mean the world to me. The in-room amenities were above average in my opinion. I can't think of a single complaint about this property.

Checking in and out was a breeze. I will admit I do not like Duluth, not at all. However, for someone who did, the location of the hotel was fabulous. Easy access to everything on the main strip and the water was literally right across the way.

Room Tip: If the club level room is available at a reasonable rate (which it usually seems to be), definitely get that.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nate B
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback from our guests! We have shared your feedback with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences.

We do hope you choose to stay at the Sheraton Duluth Hotel whenever your travels bring you to Duluth.