“Basic Room, Right Price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Downtown Duluth Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Downtown Duluth Inn
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Ontario
“Basic Room, Right Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending events at the waterfront (Incline Bowling, Vista Fleet) and wanted to be able to walk there without paying the waterfront hotel prices.
This hotel provided what I was looking for, no more, no less. The room was very small, but the bed was comfortable and the coffee maker worked. Continental breakfast was just fine. I didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Walking to the waterfront was quick (less than 15 minutes) when taking the skywalks across the highway. Beautiful area and safe hotel. Thanks BW.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank freezing1
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Duluth Inn, responded to this review, 30 December 2011
I'm so glad you liked your stay here, thank you for writing and sharing your comments. Duluth does have a lot to offer, and you are right, we are a good choice for people who want to spend a lot of time in and around town, as opposed to in a hotel room. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bucyrus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

the room felt cramped, it was however clean. at first sight i thought - what sis i just drive into,, but it was clean and the staff was great

Room Tip: I didn't use the "business center" in the lobby but it sure was busy. The exterior did...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ldnj2
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Duluth Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thanks for not letting your first impression be your last, and for taking the time to share your experience here. I'm glad you were happy with your choice and hope you will choose us again the next time you are looking for a great location and value in Duluth.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Very pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and the service was very friendly. I forgot my toothbrush and they gave me a new one. There was even a great continental breakfast included. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Laxw09
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Duluth Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
There are usually so many things to remember when traveling that it is easy to miss a thing or two. I am glad we were able to help & serve you, and that you were happy with your choice to stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review and rating, and please let us know when you will be back so we can welcome you in person.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Although it is an older property, it is well maintained and a nice little hide-a-way. The staff treats you like you were at the Ritz. It's a couple blocks up from the lake, so it makes for a nice stroll down the hill. I didn't find much I didn't like about it, matter of fact I didn't find any thing wrong with it. Five star service at a two star price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank scottidog
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Duluth Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thanks so much for your 5 star review and rating, we really appreciate the positive feedback. We take pride in making sure that every guest has an enjoyable stay here, and in Duluth. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was my second time staying at this Best Western. First time was a fantastic unplanned trip. I knew I'd be in Duluth in advance for this trip, and having many options in the downtown area I chose the Best Western again purely because of how great my previous stay was.

The staff there are some of the most personable people I've met in their industry. The prices are extremely fair, and it is so close to everything that I was able to walk throughout my stay.

The place is on the older side, but it's obvious they are being proactive about keeping up with the 21st century. The manager pointed out to me some of the updates they've been working on in one of our conversations. They had just installed new heaters in the rooms which I appreciated.

A fantastic place to stay for the price. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for someone looking for a pool, spa, or mint on their pillow.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank arcochad
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Duluth Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thanks for choosing us again, and for posting your candid comments. You are our ideal guest - someone who is looking for great value, great location and great service. We'll be happy to welcome you back the next time you are in Duluth. Thanks again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was a lovely little room to stay one night to visit some colleges in the area. If I had to stay here longer, I would have liked a bigger room, and bigger bathroom, with quieter fan and air conditioner/heater. But overall a great experience for what I paid, and may consider coming back.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank LizTurtle
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Duluth Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and I hope your college visits went well. It was nice of you to take the time to post your comments. Size does matter, depending on how much time you plan on spending in the room versus out and about in the city and surrounding area. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I enjoyed this staying here. The room we got was spacious and quiet aside from the occasional child running up and down the stairs. The water for some reason didn't work when I woke up in the morning but did later on. The proximity to the rest of Duluth was very nice being that everything was within walking distance and meal options were close by too. The price was also great compared to other hotels in the area. If we are in the area again and looking for a place to stay we will definitely be looking at this Best Western as an option.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shischkabob
Thanks for taking the time to make your recommendation - everyone here really appreciates it. I'm glad you were happy with the value and location of our motel and hope you will introduce yourself next time you are here so we can thank you in person.