All reviews great pool area waffles canal park choice hotels great place to stay very nice hotel perkins restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful hot breakfast would definitely stay here again front desk staff large bathroom short drive hockey tournament clean rooms hot tub easy access
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I stay in many locations and different chains-facilities. This unit, in Duluth, MN will be one of my repeat locations! The layout of the room just made sense. Staying in many others, this becomes important. The staff was uniquely courteous, helpful and informed. 'Meals' (breakfasts) very good and well-maintained.Even folks in room-service acted like they cared and had respect for what they do and who they talk with.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amanda K, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear PW3005,

For a seasoned traveler to list us as a place they will return to is the highest praise we can receive. I want to thank you for the wonderful compliments and noting the small details you enjoyed. I hope we get a chance to provide you with great service again in the near future!

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

We spent two days here and were very pleased. Angela at the front desk greeted us with a smile and got us checked in quickly. We had questions about things to do and places to eat and she was very helpful.
Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable.
The breakfast was by far the best that I have had at a hotel. Usually I can't stand the scrambled eggs offered but these were good. There was bacon the first morning and sausage links the next day. Also waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, muffins, fruit, breads and bagels and more. The ladies working in that area were awesome. They made sure that everything was available and the tables and food area was clean. That was very much appreciated!
The pool area was well maintained and we had an enjoyable time in the Jacuzzi visiting with two other couples who we met.
I highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Amanda K, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Roxanne P.,

Wow! It made my day to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Comfort Inn - West and were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet and pool area. Thanks for taking the extra time to compliment the the hardworking staff as well. I've made sure to share your comments with them. I do hope we get a chance to see you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Seems to have been recently updated. Rooms are very clean. Hallways are very clean. Pool area is nice. Breakfast was good. Son loves the option of blueberry waffles. Only complaint is water pressure was next to nothing. Good location with easy i35 access. Would stay again. Sons 13th birthday today and 1st time to Duluth and north shore.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Renita E,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our breakfast and the blueberry waffles! I hope your son enjoyed his 13th birthday in Duluth and you will get a chance to visit for a 2nd time. If so, we'll see you again!

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We were happy with our 3 days stay. It is south of Canal Park and is within driving distance. There is a gas station, Wells Fargo bank and Perkins restaurant with in walking distance. It is in an industrial part of town. The noises from traffic and train weren't too bad. As of July 28, 2018, 35 South ramp was closed but there is a detour. 35 N is open. The hotel was clean. Has breakfast which was great. There is a pool and hot tub. We were happy with our stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Shylock34,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. I hope we get a chance to see you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2018

The hotel is right off 35 just south of downtown. My wife & I stayed here on a weekend Saturday night & paid a rate of $244 for the night. That is the most expensive hotel stay I have ever had in the US. However, that rate was the best I could find in Duluth for the night we were there. The hotel itself was very nice. The hotel is well decorated, modern, and clean. There is a cash bar in the evenings from 5-9 pm. You receive $1 off coupons for beverages at the cash bar when you check in. They have coffee and lemon water available at all times. The hot breakfast had many options and was very good. The pool & hot tub was very relaxing & the internet was extremely fast. Parking is free & laundry facilities were available on the second floor. Our stay was enjoyable, but expensive.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Amanda K, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear harratkck,

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of some of our guest amenities! Our rates do vary by season and weekday/weekend so If you return again, you may see a lower price point.

Warm Regards,