All reviews the lake superior suite the main house carriage house ryerson suite wonderful hosts brule river b bs other guests thought of everything french toast relaxing getaway house is beautiful perfect weekend each morning whirlpool tub common areas breakfast was delicious
Reviewed December 17, 2008

This was the perfect getaway for us! Tim and Angie were wonderful and the breakfast was amazing! The room we stayed in had a great little fireplace and our very own. We decided not to leave the house a lot so Tim and Angie had a great choice of menue's for us to chose from. Our weekend was so fantastic that we even got engaged! We plan on returning for our anniversary!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the A. G. Thomson House Historic Bed & Breakfast Inn! The house itself is beautiful and the decorating is lovely. We were there during the holidays and it was all decked out for Christmas...5 trees in the public areas. The public rooms were so welcoming...big comfy sofas and chairs and a gas fireplace in the living room. We also had a fireplace and jetted tub in our room. The breakfasts were amazing! We were there for 3 nights, and every morning we started with some type of fresh fruit, then a sweet (muffin, scone, coffee cake), then an eggbake with breakfast potatoes, or stuffed french toast. Never the same thing twice. It was so much food we usually skipped lunch. :) Tim and Angie are so warm and friendly. They gave us great tips for dining out and even made the reservations for us. We highly recommend A. G. Thomson House to anyone looking for a romantic getaway. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2008

We just returned from an amazing weekend stay at the A.G. Thomson House in Duluth. My boyfriend and I made a last minute decision to drive north for the Holiday weekend and avoid the Black Friday madness. We hopped in the car and I called the B&B. I spoke with Angie and had the reservation booked within minutes.

When we arrived Tim met us at our car and helped us into the house and on to our room. We stayed in the Salyards Suite and it couldn't have been more perfect. We had amazing views of Lake Superior and a hot tub for two right in the room.

The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast: fresh fruit and yogurt, pumpkin muffin, cheesy egg bake and potatoes. They were so attentive our coffee was never cold (nor empty)! The next morning we had the most amazing cranberry and white chocolate scone (I even got the recipe!), stuffed french toast, and hash browns.

Tim & Angie gave us wonderful dining recommendations as well. Be sure to check out the brewery: Fitgers and have their Wild Rice Burger... yum! We also had lunch at Amazing Grace in Canal Park. Wonderful people watching and amazingly fresh sandwiches. New Scenic Cafe was the highlight of our dining weekend... I recommend anything on the menu.

We had such a fabulous stay, we're already planning our next getaway! Thank you Tim & Angie for making our stay so enjoyable. You'll be seeing us soon.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2008

My boyfriend and I recently had a getaway to Duluth and the Thomson House B&B. It was truly unforgettable.

The common rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Our room had a spectacular view of Lake Superior. The whirlpool tub and fireplace made it really relaxing and VERY romantic.

And oh, the breakfasts were delicious.

Tim & Angie are great hosts--their hospitality is second to none! We ca't wait to stay again .

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We've stayed at lots of B&Bs and this one rates at the top! My husband surprised me for our 15th anniversary and made a great choice. The owners Tim & Angie are wonderful hosts. From the time they met us at our car until we departed- they tended to our every need. The house is a charming mansion on a hill overlooking Lake Superior. The breakfasts were to die for and our room could not have been better. As sipped champagne in the large whirlpool we were already planning our next stay!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple