“Great Breakfast, Awesome Cupcakes”

Cupcake and the Mason Jar
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Eagan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 7, 2016

I had the MJ Omelet, which is a pot roast omelet with the rosemary roasted potatoes. It was wonderful. My friend had the veggie burger and raved about it. The breakfast menu has mostly pork for the meat items, so be aware if you have dietary restrictions. When we left, we grabbed some cupcakes. The Latte cupcake was good, but the Kahlua cupcake is worth coming back for.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I went to the Mason Jar during my lunch hour at work. The hostess/waitress that seated me said that I could order breakfast. She handed me a breakfast/lunch menu but then asked me what I wanted for breakfast. I chose a pot roast omelet with country potatoes ($14). There was very little meat in the omelet and the potatoes were over done. It took quite awhile to get my check and I had to go get her to pay. On the way out I decided to purchase a dozen mini cupcakes. $17.50 for them was very high priced! The person behind the counter was short with me and rude. I will never go back.

1  Thank Jill W
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

A few tips for you,

The mini mason jars for water should be cleaned better!!!!!! The rims are so disgusting, they look like they've been never washed!

First time we visited on a Sunday AM, we had a wonderful server. Second time also on a Sunday AM (a much younger one) not so much. Service and front entrance greeting is something they should really work on. Oh The hostess !

On both occasions and on different tables, my food got really cold because I we sat underneath an air vent.

The cupcake place? Not buying any! First, the people behind the counter are not knowledgeable, second they are dry and too cold and third they run out of flavors by 11 am!!!!!

For a positive review, the huevos rancheros are really good.

I will give this place another try. Will keep u posted.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Very cute place, mason jars (of course) hanging everywhere and fun accents. Tried it for breakfast and were very pleased with the M.J. Omelet. It was eggs with pot roast, caramelized onions, mushrooms and cheddar cheese. More than enough to split. Other items looked good as well. I'd go back to check out the other items on the menu. A bit noisy but nice.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

We ate dinner there and it was very good. Not your usual bar food, and some very good home style food selections. They make a blueberry-basil spritzer that you can add vodka to, that was really good on a hot summer night. I'll try it again and update my review.

Been to Cupcake and the Mason Jar? Share your experiences!