“A good, Family Friendly Italian Restaurant”
Review of Mamma Maria's

Mamma Maria's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 3, 2018

An attractive Italian restaurant in a nice area by the river. Mama Maria's is beautifully decorated and inviting. We visited on a Saturday evening and there was a good guitarist playing some relaxing instrumental pieces. We were seated promptly and our server appeared about a minute later. He was efficient, but somebody please tell the younger generation to get rid of phrases like "you guys" and "no problem," the later of which is usually said in response to my "thank you." My wife ordered baked zitti, which came with a garden salad and delicious, warm talian bread, which was baked in loaft composed of nuggets (like monkey bread if you're familiar). I had penne with a spicy tomato cream sauce. It also came with salad and bread. All the food was outstanding and the servings were enormous. Neither of us finished our meal. There is plenty of free parking on the street, our booth was comfortable and the restrooms were clean and spacious. Would we go back? You betcha! One major disappontment...they were out of Chianti. What's up with that?

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We took our relatives out to eat here at their recommendation. Apparently the bar for Italian food in Grand forks is pretty low. Everything tasted off. Either burnt or “”. I couldn’t put my finger on exactly the problem it but both my husband’s pasta dish and my grilled chicken salad was ok but just “off”. The spices were heavy or just bad. We enjoyed the garlic knots though(really more like cinnamon rolls with butter and garlic exchanged for sugar and cinnamon).

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

My friend and I dropped in to Mamma Marias. Busy place at dinner time. Even though it was busy, the wit staffed made us feel welcome and checked on us often. The food was very good, but the portions are quite large! This is not a negative usually, but it is a lot of food! :-)

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We went for our Birthday dinners, and they were wonderful! Great garlic knots for a snack before the meal and many, many menu options. The calzones are amazing and huge! They even offer a free Birthday meal if you order a beverage on your Birthday.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018

If you're looking for a home cooked meal for lunch and you're looking for "the just right" portions, this is the place.

Date of visit: February 2018