“Don't stay here!”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed 22 September 2011

For the second time of staying here, I didn't get the room type I reserved and was offered no explanation or apology. The breakfast is robbery. Nothing for free, but instead have to pay $11 for anything at their breakfast bar. Thermostats in the room are totally off and do not cycle appropriately. No help from the staff on any issue.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Susan H
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that we were unable to accomodate you with the room type you had requested. We try our best when it comes to taking care of all of our guest requests and unfortunately we fell short in this instance.

I also wanted apologize for our breakfast not meeting your expectations. The Hilton Garden Inns do offer a rate that includes breakfast for up to four people in the room, however if you choose not to go with this rate we offer a full All American Breakfast Buffet that includes your beverages, made to order omlettes, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, breads, and an assortment of other items. We try to be very competative with our rates on this and if you desire a lighter breakfast we are happy to offer a per item charge that we grant upon request.

Finally, I would like to apologize for the thermostat not working properly in your room. I am not sure what the issue was with this, but I will be certain to bring this to the attention of both our housekeeping and maintenance staff.

Thank you for your business we wish you well with your travels.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Good, clean hotel for business. Friendly staff, quiet location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and that our staff took care of your needs during your stay.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2011

This is a pretty hotel in a quiet location. Rooms are tasteful, and the beds are exceptionally comfortable. There is a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker in the room.

The lobby was fine, but something in our room triggered severe hayfever. It didn't seem to be mold or mildew - room was clean. Whatever the trigger was, the experience was miserable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the kind words you shared regarding your recent stay with us. I also am hoping your hay fever is much better where you live. I am not sure what may have triggered this, but this time of the year in Minnesota we have a lot of pollen floating through the air which can result in a lot of allergy reactions.

Thank you so much for your business and we hope that we see you back in our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have stayed at this property several times, and I have been consistently pleased. While the rooms could use a little updating, they are comfortable and clean. The pool and work out room are in good order and have nice extra touches, such as a scale and lots of exercise balls.
The restaurant staff are friendly and welcoming.
The location is a little way off the freeway, so it is very quiet, and there several dining options within 1/2 mile. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the possitive feedback you gave regarding our hotel. We are so pleased that you have become so loyal to our hotel and am thankful that you find our accomodations clean and comfortable.

The next time you stay with us, feel free to introduce yourself to me as I would love an opportunity to meet you and thank you in person for the business you bring to our hotel.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a much needed getaway. We were treated like royalty by the desk clerks, and everyone, from the cleaning lady to the waitress in the dining area, were friendly and helpful. The Sleep Comfort Beds were HEAVEN! Woke up more refreshed and painfree than I have in years! It was quiet and peaceful. All areas of the hotel were clean, and smelled fresh. The furnishings in our spacious room were comfortable and in great condition. The bathroom touches (artisically folded towels and assorted toiletries) were impressive! Loved that we had a refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave in our room. There was a little "pantry" by the front desk where food, drinks, and necessities could be purchased 24 hours a day. We had gotten a deal in our reservation through a booking website so that the breakfast buffet was included in the room price, but it would be worth the normal price. They had about everything a person could ask for...right down to made-to-order eggs and a breakfast special. We will definitely stay there again next time we go to Chanhassen Dinner Theater!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustbunny247
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This truly is a nice hotel. Very clean...very comfortable! My issue lied with the staff. The check in process was awful. The front desk agent made a terribly snarky comment to me about the person checking in before me...turned out that was my boss and also the one who picked this hotel for our conference. Good luck with the PM staff putting their phones down to answer a question. Usually when I come into town (which is quite a bit) I stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. I would strongly encourage choosing that property over this one. The hotels are equal in ammentities and the service is SO much better.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank dougers79
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy you found our facility to be nice and clean and I also wanted to extend my apologies for the poor service you received during your stay.

I can assure you that I have reminded all of our staff that we need to always remember to be professional, kind and helpful to every guest that walks through our doors. I am so sorry that we failed to do this during your stay.

We know you may choose to go to another hotel, however, we want you to know that we will be working hard to correct our mistakes and we hope you will please consider us for your future stays. Thank you for helping us become a better hotel!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Eden Prairie, MN recently on a trip to visit a friend in the area. I was impressed with how clean the hotel is. It looks like it's less than 5 years old and every part of the hotel; rooms, pool area, lobby, hallways all looked and smelled very clean. The rooms are comfortable and quiet - important to note, this is right by hwy 62, literally at the off-ramp for it, but with the windows closed, you wouldn't know, and I could see the hwy easily from my window. The bed was comfortable and they have a control knob on the side of the bed to adjust firmness. It's not one of those comfort select beds that make you feel like you're sleeping on a camping air-mattress, this one has a real mattress and some sort of air bladder underneath/inside that controls the firmness. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Brian G
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback you shared regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed our beds and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable throughout our facility!

Take care and we hope to see you back very soon!