All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite yogurt basic continental breakfast dish soap business trip cold cereal within walking distance each morning sausage patties exercise room would definitely stay here again bed was very comfortable cub microwave desk mall
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I found the staff to be friendly and courteous during my stay. I voiced some concerns on the first day. Though there was nothing immediately done about them, I was assured they would be looked into.
I found the property a bit run down. We were in the building across from the lobby. The elevator is worn. It shows lots of abuse and creaks and moans. We opted for the stairs. On the third floor, there was a board covering about an 18" square of floor with an orange cone on top. Not sure what that issue was.
Our room had some cleanliness issues: fuzzy, dusty vents, food on the front of the oven, sticky cabinet handles, and a stain on the carpet that I told myself was chocolate and not dried blood.
Nothing overly grotesque, but not 5 star worthy.
There is a Cub Foods within walking distance which was very convenient.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mike L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear Alicia M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable input. I am so pleased to hear that the staff members were the highlight of your stay! They are a great team! However, please accept my apologies for the maintenance and cleanliness issues you discovered. We take these reports very seriously and will use your feedback as a means to improve the experience for our future guests. We all truly thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Let me start by pointing out how incredibly friendly and helpful the hotel staff were when interacting with me and my colleagues. They always greeted me with a smile and made sure I had as much info as possible when asking for information. They really are a top notch staff.

That said the hotel itself was a bit of a letdown because of the condition of my room. In all of my travels all over the world, I have never been given a room with exposed wiring. The wall where the desk was had an uncovered junction box with all of the wires showing. I'm certain this must be some sort of code violation. Imagine if a child decided to explore.

This was reported to the front desk and they immediately put it on the work crews list.
It should have been noticed well before I checked in.

The other thing (and the worst part of my stay)... If you do choose this property, request a room on the building with the office or at least on the side of building 2 facing the office. The side that faces the Springhill Suites is horrible. We were traveling as a group on business and those of us on that side got a 'wake up' each morning between 3 and 5AM with the garbage trucks and maintenance workers. It was beyond horrible.

Not what I'd expect for a Marriott property but the staff made it tolerable if you can deal with super early mornings and potential deadly hazards in your room. Good luck.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mike L, Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Dee J,

Thank you for submitting your review of your stay with us. First, please accept my apologies for the potentially dangerous situation with the missing outlet cover. The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority, so I am extremely sorry that we did not discover the missing outlet cover and that you needed to report it. I will use your feedback and bring it to the attention of my staff as an important reminder that we must be aware of any safety concerns in all of our guest suites.

Second, I wish to apologize for the early morning disturbances you experienced. We have asked our waste removal vendor repeatedly to pick up the trash dumpsters after 8am so that the noisy trucks do not disturb our valued guests. Since this has been an ongoing issue, we have decided to switch vendors effective May 1st, 2018. I am also very sorry about the group of guests that rise early in the morning to go to their job site. We will work with this group to ensure that they make less noise during their early morning departure to work.

I am very pleased to hear your comments about my wonderful staff. I only wish we could have delivered a better experience that matched my staff's caring and helpful service. Again, I am very sorry about your experience. We will strive to make the necessary changes to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed February 22, 2018

We were here for a quick overnight while helping our son move. The room was great. No Diet Pepsi to be found anywhere, unfortunately. :( It was late when we checked in, and the woman at the front desk was running around between the 2 buildings, so there was a slight wait. I think 2 buildings is a lot to manage for 1 person...especially when she is quite pregnant. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I was placed between 2 noicy neighbours. Due to thin walls and the connection door in between rooms I could hear every word...even from the person on the other side of the Phone. Friendly staff, close to shops, spacious rooms, kitchen, small bathroom. Laundry options. Ideal for longer stay but not with noicy neighbours!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Duivenaartje
Courtney B, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am so sorry to hear that the room we had you in had noisy guests nearby. The comfort of our guests is one of our top priorities, so please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Could use upgrades. I love the Marriott brand but this particular hotel needed a lot of repairs. I usually don't see this from the Marriott brand. Some of the entry/exit doors were broke. The room keys seemed to keep getting deactivated and my family and I had to keep going to the front desk just to get back in the room or the hotel for that matter. The continental breakfast was great though. If they make improvements I would go back since the hotel was right off the highway exit and around plenty of restaurants, stores and attractions. 14 minutes to Paisley Park for those who want to get the PRINCE experience.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mike L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Thanks you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay. I have followed up with my maintenance team and they have assured me that the door lock issue has been resolved. We have recently upgraded our key system to the newest technology (RFID) and it should be nearly fail safe so we have corrected the issue.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast and our great location. Again, thanks for sharing your experience. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if you wish to discuss any aspect of your stay in greater detail. 952-769-2031.
Regards,