“Quick lunch, good salad, hit the spot”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
D. Brian's Deli - Edina West
Ranked #37 of 115 Restaurants in Edina
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Lunch out with colleagues, the salads were very nice, one friend had the soup and commented how nice it was. Quick service, parking out front. The food is healthy despite good sized portions. Lots of salad with a variety of flavours and filllings, salmon, avocado etc.

Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

Love this place! Organic coffee for a dollar with free refills?! Get out! The smart start breakfast bowl was plentiful, filling, and very tasty. I went at 7:30am on a weekday, and there was plenty of seating available. I will definitely go here again the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed February 20, 2016

Reasonably inexpensive and delicious, fresh food options. I've had their breakfast and lunch and not yet been disappointed.

Reviewed November 23, 2015

Super busy for the lunch crowd on a weekday--a good sign. The food was fresh, exceptionally tasty, and perfectly assembled and presented. Deep and diverse menu. Decent price. The place is a bit overwhelming to the first-time visitor. I will definitely be back for a repeat visit!

Reviewed October 1, 2015

On yet another business trip luncheon with coworkers and customers, we were taken by request to a "local" establishment to enjoy a non-franchise meal.

I need to comment right away... this is one of those places where you better have an experienced host along with you to guide you through the process or else you'll leave frustrated and unfed. Luckily we had just such a host who prepared us with "do this" and "do that" and then "just follow me" instructions.

So in case you still want to try, here's what we did. We walked straight in toward the butcher counter and grill in the back. Menus are necks-straining high above the cooks. The selection is hefty so it took me time to read the menu. Now I know why Chinese take-outs have picture menus... Apparently there is an order counter for hot sandwiches and another for cold-- we went to the hot counter; cold counter is on the right. The biggest clue about where to order are the black on white order numbers on tall chrome stands in front of the computer. I did in Rome like the Romans do and grabbed a number as I ordered. After you order you are handed a small slip of paper... keep it handy while you wander to your left to grab a drink. Follow the silver tray bar left to the cashier who will ask you for your paper, announce your bill and take your payment. Then find yourself a table and place your chrome numbered stand on the table to wait for your sandwich. Our wait wasn't long.

Actually, the place a is large, bright and pleasant place to eat. The ordering process was an awkward chore, but by the popularity of the place I assume most get over the learning curve faster than I do.

I wasn't paying attention to what my friends ordered so I can't comment on their experience other than to say they were quite satisfied.

The folks behind the counter and others scurrying about seemed focused and busy. I felt a little like a sheep in a pen being moved impersonally through a yard. Big City I guess.

I love mushrooms, but at home I rarely experience the joy since I am alone in my love. So seeing a portobello avocado grilled cheese sandwich on the menu drew my immediate attention and became my selection. When I make a portobello mushroom dish for myself at home, the mushrooms are thick and rich with flavor and cook to almost a steak or burger texture so I was pumped. For the price, I was honestly expecting a Dagwood sandwich with mushrooms and avocados spilling out the sides, maybe some lettuce and tomatoes, but what I received was a small grilled cheese sandwich cut in two so I could see for myself that there was indeed a thin grilled mushroom and a couple slivers of avocado inside. If the sandwich hadn't been halved, it wouldn't have been possible to tell what kind of sandwich it was. I ordered French fries with my sandwich and I am happy to report they were plenteous, perfect and cost extra.

I almost forgot to mention my minor beverage goof: being a water drinker, I naturally grabbed a "water" glass and depressed the standard water lever on the dispenser. At the checkout, the attendant recognized the water glass and handled the situation appropriately. However, when I reached the table and took a sip, I discovered the beverage I had taken was seltzer-water. That wasn't my intention and hoped secretly I wasn't stealing. I may never know.

I don't know if you are into video games, but eating for the first time at D Brian's is like facing a Boss. Savor the challenge.

1  Thank Jeb6kids

Been to D. Brian's Deli - Edina West? Share your experiences!