“Strongly Adviced”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Embarrass
Northern Comfort Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Embarrass B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed here for a night, with the whole family. The accommodation is delightful and the whole service provided is very professional. The house owner were very helpful in providing us with all the information we needed for our stay and the following morning served us a top level breakfast (including granola and yoghurt, scones, quiche lorraine, etc). We would definitely get back on a next trip in the area!

Room Tip: excellent breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Luva C

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I have visited Byblos in many occasions-Christmas party, anniversary dinner, just drinks, just dessert and it is always perfect. One place I can recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

This bed and breakfast (run by the amazing Kathy and Pam) is a good spot to explore the surrounding area, only about 45 minutes from Ely.

The rooms are cozy and comfortable, breakfast is simply amazing, and the sauna is an experience not to be missed (let them know well ahead of time if you want the sauna, though). The hostesses are flexible, generous, and have really invested a lot of time and energy into making their B&B a thoroughly pleasant place to stay.

You will have the best experience of your life at this place. Don't forget stargazing at night!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2015

My boyfriend and I recently spent 3 nights at the Northern Comfort B and B and I cannot say enough about how comfortable and relaxing it was. On Friday night, Kathy heated up the Finnish sauna and that was AMAZING! Each days breakfast was more than enough food and so fresh and tasty it was so great! The land the inn is on is gorgeous, there is an antique store to wander through and if you are a runner, the country surrounding is fantastic. Kathy and Pam are fabulous innkeepers and I will stay there again any time.
Embarrass is a great local to stay inn to travel to Ely and other Iron Range Towns yet not be in a franchise hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2015

This was a lovely experience. The B&B is an old farmhouse that has been lovingly redone. The hosts are incredibly welcoming. The breakfast today had: three kinds of jam with yoghurt (chokecherry, raspberry something, and tomato peach - which was really good, though I wondered till I tried it...); Omelette with fresh basil; grapes Devonshire; Home made muesli; Other stuff I've forgotten. Tons of delicious food. I just loved everything about being there. (The rooms have shared bath, except for the big suite, which has its own. This may be something to keep in mind, although it wasn't a problem for me.) They also have a barn full of antiques which are way underpriced if you come from a big city, as I do. It is in the middle of the country, and GPS was unclear, so you should remember the street number. I called their tel., and one of the owners navigated for me over the phone. It's just way better than most B&B's. And the owners weren't being professionally nice, but you could tell that they were really nice. I enjoyed everything about being there; it was great!

Room Tip: One of the rooms has its own bath. The others share.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2015

We stayed there just for a comfortable bed before a big ski race at Giant's Ridge. But where taken by the wonderful sights and sounds. The owners were the perfect hosts and created a general atmosphere of homey charm delicious food. The place is remote but easy to find. The stars were bright and the sauna was perfect. They were so flexible with our schedule and the breakfast was absolutely what we needed for the race. I'd highly recommend the place to anyone looking to get away for the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessie W
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Best breakfasts ever! We stayed three nights, and every meal surpassed our expectations. As veteran B&B visitors and as the daughter of former B&B owners, this says a lot. Kathy and Pam provided terrycloth bathrobes, towels, and bottled water for the wood-fired sauna a few steps out the back door. Oh, yeah...and there's a shower right inside. How convenient is that? At night, they treated guests to cheese, crackers, wine, and gingersnaps. We couldn't have picked a better place for our 25th anniversary get-away. Highly recommend the Northern Comfort B&B.

Room Tip: Room prices are very reasonable, especially for the value. Do ask about private vs. shared bathrooms...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi M

Been to Northern Comfort Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!