“Americanized Thai food!”

Udom's
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Surprised to find a Thai restaurant in Hackensack! It was OK but not Thai spicy. We had to add chilis even though asked for authentic Thai food.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Hackensack is not the place you would expect to find great Thai food.. Don't pass it up tho. Been here 3 times over the past few months. Great every time. The Pad Thai is great. Glass noodle salad is good as well. Don't miss getting egg or spring rolls. They are both made in house. Always too full for desert, they always have a list of them tho. You can select your spice level from 1 - 5. I've tried 1 and 2. big difference, That would be my limit!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Delicious, fresh, made to order Thai! I have tried most everything on the menu and I love most of it! My favorite is the Pad Thai or Stir fry! With #2 spice! And you can chose the protein you like!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

You may be asking yourself, a great Thai-food restaurant in Hackensack, Minnesota? A small tourist town that many people drive through on their way further up north? Well believe it! We have a family cabin and order food from Udom's every year for takeout. I can't comment on the sit down service, but the restaurant is clean and welcoming. The staff and owners are friendly and outgoing. And the food is great. I especially recommend the Thai green curry soup.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Four friends decided to try the Thai in Hackensack, Minnesota. A short jaunt from Walker. Two had never eaten Thai before. Server was attentive and explained some of the dishes to them. The menu; not not large, offered some interesting dishes and one could add shrimp, squid, chicken or beef to the dishes. A great idea was the fact we could "pick" the level of spice for the dishes. From 0 to a tongue killer!! Found the dishes we choose very good, especially the Thai Iced Tea (a favourite of mine) and the spring rolls with a delightful sauce. For the non adventurous; the Beef and Broccoli dish served with sticky rice and a veggie egg roll , was excellent , one friend said. O level heat. Others opted for traditional Pad Thai, hot green tea, iced Thai style coffee, and so on. Levels 0 to 1 to 2. I found level 2 to be "hot" (like jalapeno) which I liked. We all agreed to return and try some other dishes! The restrooms were clean and so was the restaurant itself. Level entry and dining for those who may be mobility impaired. Tables as opposed to booths in our area and the place apparently has a liquor license. Food cooked to order as far as we could tell. "Take away" is also an option. A delightful little gem.