“Very good first visit”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant and I thought is was really good. First, service was prompt and attentive, answering questions about the menu. I had the beef brisket sandwich which was good sized and very tasty; French fries were hot and tasty, too. We agreed we would be back.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Living in downtown Hopkins we really wanted to like the Big 10. Tried the food three different times. Totally different things each time, but nothing has impressed my fiance or I in the slightest. On last visit we had a few beers and split a club. They brought out an extra plate and it was dirty with what appeared to be dried on cheese. They brought another plate and it was also dirty! The club was drowning in mayonnaise and the turkey was a bit slimy. We won't be trying anything else here.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We bought beer and french fries and their pickle chips. My brother raved about their pickle chips. He said you get quite an order of these gastronomical delights. We were delivered 6 small overly fried pickle chips for $8. I ordered the waffle chips and they were greasy and again the order was a small serving. We complained about the order to the manager, and they brought out a 2nd order which was much larger in size.

If you cannot get french fries and pickly chips, find a different restaurant to visit.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The original Big Ten was by the U of M and the atmosphere and menu reflect this fact. It's not quite pub/bar food but good solid college kid cheap eats that are a step above the national chains.

The Idaho Nachos are a good appetizer though the cheese sauce in place shredded cheese was an unexpected find. The chili was pedestrian but on the night of a blizzard, it hit the spot when paired with the grilled cheese sandwich. The buffalo burger was also very good, well cooked and not dried out.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Met some friends from work here for a recent lunch and there was a good number of people at the restaurant. Menu has some good variety but my meal was fairly average and the service was friendly but a bit slow. Nothing that would make me want to repeat. Decent value. Multiple TV's in the eating area.