Taj Exotica Resort & Spa(Emboodhu Finolhu)
US$801
US$640
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$723/night.

Adaaran Prestige Vadoo(Vaadhoo Island)
US$580
Champa Central Hotel(Male)
US$111
US$107
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Hotel Octave(Male)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Unima Grand(Male)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$62
All reviewssuperior roomour waiterwater bungalowother islandsfishdive schoolsmall islandoctopusroom boybeach towelsmarine lifeasian nightbudget resortdifferent themecoral gardensper dayeagle rays
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We just got back from our nice, relaxing hollidays. We stayed in Embudu for one week and we were very satisfied with everything.
Snorkeling on the island is really the best and I would recomend this to everyone who likes to snorkel. Also is the perfect place for the divers, which I'm not, but they were also very very satisfied. The beach was nice and clean and the turquise watter was amazing!
The employees were very nice and on every step you could see people cleaning the island, which give you the proove, that they are good caring for it.
Food was very good and for every taste, but for my opinion too spicy. The bar and the barmens were also very kind and if you leaved the tip sometimes, they care for you like for god. We had all inclusive which I also recomended to everyone!
We had a bungalow number 47 on the northern site of the island. Up to number 50 the all apartments were renovated so we had an old one, but still not so bad. We didnt have aircondition only the fan and the bungalow was not tottaly closed, so we had sometimes the small geckoes in the room. In bathroom we didnt have warm or cold watter, only natural, which sometimes after rain was not so good. I wished a hot shower. I recomend you to take bungalows up to number 50.
I really enjoyed our staying in Embudu and for sure we will come back! I recommend this to couples or families without small kids. They get bored, because island is small and there is really not a lot to do, except of enjoying on the beach.
I traveled with my boyfriend from 23 april to 2 may.

see you soon embudu :)

Room Tip: Take a bungalow up to number 50!
5  Thank narg3000
Reviewed May 1, 2012

What can I say about Embudu that people haven't already. We arrived on the 16th April 2012 and during the transfer took a quick detour as the boat pilot and crew saw a school of dolphins swimming a couple of minutes off the Island. I great start if I do say so myself.

We picked Embudu due to it's trip advisor score, the reviews and wanted a nice relaxing Honeymoon on the budget we had. There were another couple on their honeymoon too and we both came to the same reasoning. A small island that was quiet and relaxed but at the same time had some things to do.

As other reviews have said it's mainly Germans on the island which was good for us as we didn't want to bother others or be bothered by others. There are times on holidays where you feel you have to couple up and talk but luckily with the language barrier we were left, of course unless we all wanted to talk.

The bar is amazing, the food is awesome and I recommend anyone who goes go All Inclusive, pay the extra as if you are buying drinks, water is £2 for 2 litres (ish) and a beer 330ml about £2.50. We totted up the bill for the 2 weeks and figured we would have spent £1000+ on drinks.

We did a couple of trips during our time there, we did a night fishing trip together where we did catch a few, but my wife doesn't really like fish or fishing so the next couple of times I went by myself, they do this twice a week.
On the first Sunday we did the island hope and for $37 and a 5 hour trip is wasn't bad value. We went to another hotel island, which was a lot busier and was not the type of Island I would have liked to have stayed. We went to a local island which was very surreal and very interesting to see how the locals lived compared to the hotel islands and it's very good for shopping. The 3rd visit was to a sandbank, where you jump of the boat have a little swim before going back to Embudu.

The one down point was the new beds, they are harder than the floor and less comfy than sleeping in the sand. If they were just a little bit softer then Embudu would have got a 5.

8  Thank LuckyNoS7evin
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great experiences.. was on a holiday with my friends and had a great time.
Place is reasonable and has great value for their guest..
I recommend this place and will come back

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Collins M
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our 1st Maldives trip, & went for two weeks, we'd read reviews that said this was by no means a luxury resort and this was true. HOWEVER READ ON - This resort is for those of you that want a quiet, no frills, relaxing Maldives holiday. As mentioned in other reviews here, rooms 50 & above are the refurbished ones. We initially were put in 17. These rooms are old & tired, but fine if all you want is a bed. We asked to move as our fridge wasn't working, which actually turned out to be faulty electrics on that side of the room. Reception were very helpful & understanding & we were moved to 65 the next morning. The new rooms are a world away from the others in that everything has been updated, including very nice bathrooms with lovely big glass shower cubicles. A/C was also new & worked a treat!! The only negative we had was the mattress was pretty hard, but then we are used to our memory foam at home!!

The island itself can be walked around in literally 10 minutes and has two really nice beach areas. Our room was on the "windy" side, & as such had no beach but a small wall to protect the island from the sea. Not exactly a problem as you had to just cut through the middle of the island to get to the sand. There is loads of shade to sit/lie in if you're not a sun worshipper, so I was very happy with that!

We worked out that this resort could have around 300 people there if full, but the weird thing was that even though it was full when we went, the island seemed to "eat" people! If you walked around, you hardly saw anyone, very strange on such a small place! Everyone appeared for food!!

The food was brilliant!! Buffet style as per every All Inclusive holiday, but very, very good! Every evening was themed, with selections including Eastern, Italian, BBQ & Asian nights. There was a really good variety of food to suit every taste, you could even have spicy stuff for breakfast if you wanted! Our waiter was excellent, & they are all very attentive and polite.

There is only one bar, but that was fine as it never got really busy anyway. Evenings were obviously the busiest, but there was always room to sit, including the lovely decking area over the water looking out to the setting sun!! There is not a load of entertainment, but we knew that before we went & was one of the reasons we chose this place as we didn't want some noisy nightclub resort. There's one disco a week on a Sunday & only up to midnight, they also had one other entertainment night a week. This is really good because it gives you the time to actually sit & have a quiet drink & chat.

So to the water!! We only went snorkelling & didn't dive, but the dive school was always busy & popular if you want to do that. You get a briefing by them on the evening of your arrival about safety and where best to snorkel, etc. Having said that, snorkelling had no bad areas! This place is amazing for coral & fish. The house reef completely circles the island & has 3 cut throughs to swim back in via. This is so the coral doesn't get damaged. The sea is beautifully clear & warm, and the amount & variety of fish and other life was breathtaking! I personally saw everything except a ray, including black tipped sharks, angel fish, groupers, clown fish, parrot fish, barracuda & luckily even a turtle! There were many more than this, but need to be seen to be believed!

So overall an amazing holiday, and one of the few places we've been that we'd happily return to as we normally like a different location for each holiday we go on.

Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Rooms 50 & above are newly refurbished, & better quality than those below them in number
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Rick_M43
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Beautiful island with very attentive staff. Excellent house reef for both snorkelling and diving. Many of the people we met here, who had visited other Maldivian Islands, said it was the best reef in the Maldives. My husband dived but I decided to just snorkel this time and I saw black tipped sharks, eagle and sting rays, tortoises and free swimming moray eels, as well as all the usual tropical fish.

We had a recently renovated room which was fine, with tea and coffee making facilities in the room and plenty of extra coffee/milk/tea sachets left each day so no need to bring your own. Also, no need to take travel adapters as the sockets are UK 13amp. We had a gecko in our room that cherped and woke us every morning at around 5am!

Beach towels are not provided so you do need to take your own and the hair dryer is one of those on the wall ones in the bathroom that just does not seem to work as well.

We found the food much better here than other islands we have visited, with lots of choice and a most impressive Easter barbecue. Again the restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive - special thanks to Hassan for great service every day.

There is a distinct lack of comfortable seating on the island. The sunbeds and outside bar chairs are hard and there is a notice asking people not to remove chair cushions from the covered bar area; I guess other people have found the seating uncomfortable too. Having said that, lots of people brought their own inflatable beds and we would do the same if we visited again.

We were given a fold up sunbed, with a mattress, by an English couple who inherited it from another English couple. Apparently it was brought to the island by an English lady originally (not sure when) who must have brought it as baggage to be stored in the hold of the plane as it is quite large. It was really comfy and when we left we handed it to another English family. Hopefully the bed will continue for a while longer providing a comfy place to snooze in the sun.

A weekly disco provided the evening entertainment and this was enough for us as we were content to sit on the deck with a drink in the evenings.

The guests were mainly German, with French and Italians and a few Brits when we were there. This did not really bother us although my husband would have preferred some English company on the dive boat; to enable him to discuss/compare dive experiences etc. more easily.

We travelled with Thompson Holidays and they do not have a rep based on the island. This was a bit worrying when we were told there was a Tsunami warning and we all had to group together in reception to await further instructions. We had to rely on the German rep to tell us what was happening each time, after she had explained things to the German guests. We did feel a bit abandoned and thought Thompson Holidays could have got some sort of message of reassurance to us during this time.

All in all we had a very relaxing fortnight in a beautiful location and would not hesitate to recommend this island to people who want total chill out without canned entertainment or the need to 'dress' for dinner each evening. We did not wear shoes at all on the island so one pair of flip flops is ample.

Room Tip: We had room 61, which is near to the jetty although a few steps from our door brought us to what I called 'my swimming pool', complete with fish and one of the entrances to the reef.
7  Thank Jan h